Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There really isn't much to strip... so to say. You can take a gouge out of the piston I would assume, that is if you are using your stock piston with a really heavy spring.

But they can't strip in the way an AEG piston would strip.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Is that a rhetorical question or a symptom of a problem you have?

The only real problem you'll encounter piston wise is like woogie said, you can gouge the holding lip, but if your issue is slam firing ie as soon as you pull the cocking handle back and it clicks into the sear but as soon as you return the bolt the sear releases again, that is generally caused by a knackered piston sear, but sometimes trigger sear and on occasions, both :-/ generally as a result of stock sears used with a ball achingly heavy spring ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Take it apart again and make sure it all moves smoothly. Number 1 biggest mistake is not installing the trigger sear spring correctly, if at all, the wrong way round....... ;) Before you completely dis assemble the trigger mech, make sure the trigger sear flicks back up real fast after you compress it if it doesn't return back up, or does it really slow, that will be your problem. Its the bigest cause of slam fireing/not cocking,using new sears, that I know of .

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You took it apart, didn't take any notice it was there, and re assembled the trigger, and have now lost it..... havn't you? ::) ;)

Not sure even where you would start to look for a new one :-/

You could try a supplier that stocks TM/BAR parts, or even a store selling car parts as they would have a selection of springs that might be the same/similar.

Alternativly you might want to put a WTB or WTT for some one who has swapped out their trigger for a Zero trigger etc. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vindicareassassin said:
You took it apart, didn't take any notice it was there, and re assembled the trigger, and have now lost it..... havn't you? ::) ;)

You could try a supplier that stocks TM/BAR parts, or even a store selling car parts as they would have a selection of springs that might be the same/similar.

Alternativly you might want to put a WTB or WTT for some one who has swapped out their trigger for a Zero trigger etc. ;)
i did not lose the spring, but the spring might not have enough tension to push the piston sear all the way up.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
silentfury214 said:
vindicareassassin said:

i did not lose the spring, but the spring might not have enough tension to push the piston sear all the way up.
Check your not clamping the 2 halves together to tightly. You can make shims out of tin/cooking foil, place them between the body/washers/spacers of the body and test it again. Check you have the fixed end of the spring in the correct place or see if you can move it to somewhere where it will increase the spring tension, I dought there will be enough on the coil to wrap it round another turn.

Anything you can do to make the sear snap back up,and be strong enough to stay up and hold the piston, directly after release is good ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.