Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATM I'm referring to bolt action.

Dose it matter where you attach the sorbothane? Cylinder head or the piston?
Normally I would attach it to the cylinder head. But my cylinder head has a shape as a cone and a very smooth finish, so the sorbothane do not stick as well to it. And yes i used super glue, but it wont stick to the cylinder head, because of the smooth finish.
I could scratch the surface of the cylinder head, to get better connection between the glue and metal, but I was speculation on why not sticking it to the piston?
Has anyone tried it / has some thoughts on the subject?

·
Registered
838 Posts

Maybe you can try like this :D. But not sure it better than sorbothane. ( noticed at O-ring sticked on cylinder head )

I done it on my Well L96, but seem it not ( or maybe too little ) reduce . Still need more test.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ON Topic:
Trying to keep the costs down atm. That's why I came up with the idea.

OFF Topic:
Looks good but my next cylinder head project is the silicon mod. On a new cylinder head of cause. But that is for another day.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do not apply Sorbo to the Piston Head.
Just a bad idea. The swing force of the back and forth motion as well as rubbing against the Cylinder Walls will ensure the Sorbo does not stay secure for very long.

You may attempt to use a Silent Piston Head.
These have the Bumper Style that are designed to pair with funnel shaped Cylinder Heads.

You could also experiment with Beveled Rubber Washers as a means of Sorbo to the interior of the funnel shaped Cylinder Head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts