Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this thread is going to be dedicated to all my airsoft shenanigans with gear and what not.

Starting with my Mando helmet. Needs another coat of paint or 2. But not a bad start.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice...

But you will need a 6 inch riser to aim down that barrel heh

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who said anything about using a scope? This is going for my Heavy loadout. All about that "MGs and RPGs" life!

Though that does bring up some design issues Ill have for my custom shore trooper helm. Hmmm.... I think my regular custom VSR should have enough clearance for it. Ill have to see.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I run currently a valken MI-7 ever since I got shoot between my goggles and soft mask (bb end up IN my goggles, in addition to a bleed event, so it spooked me enough to go full face covering)

Currently I need to run 2 inch riser on all my guns to make any sort of cheek weld. Given that mask doesn't appear to have any tamper towards the chin - I would imagine you'd need a little more riser than 2 inches

Awesome look otherwise

Reactions: Plazmaburn

·
Registered
93 Posts
I run currently a valken MI-7 ever since I got shoot between my goggles and soft mask (bb end up IN my goggles, in addition to a bleed event, so it spooked me enough to go full face covering)

Currently I need to run 2 inch riser on all my guns to make any sort of cheek weld. Given that mask doesn't appear to have any tamper towards the chin - I would imagine you'd need a little more riser than 2 inches

Awesome look otherwise
Ow

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some fairly thick polycarbonate im going to form and put in. 4mm thick or so. Way more then enough for protection.

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I did a second coat of the steel. And I tested a candy coat. Its candy ruby red.

Thoughts? I think it will look good. Though the red im going to brush on this time instead of air brush.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Your cat has hijacked your thread & I no longer remember what you were working. More cat pics please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didnt feel like dieing for "MOAR CAT PICS!" So yall get this.

In other news, half of my 3d printer stuff arrived from China. The other half is still in Anchorage. The box i got contained all the metal frames and DIN rails from misumi. The rest of it probably got frisked 3 times cuz of all the screws power supplies and other bits in it. Probably thought it was a bomb or something.

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well its time to start printing what I need for my printer... this thing scares me....

Its my brother's printer... its a bit dated in design...

Reactions: SHEED

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have some fairly thick polycarbonate im going to form and put in. 4mm thick or so. Way more then enough for protection.
Hi plazmaburn. I just wanted to say you might want to make that helmet of yours a little thicker. I'm a 3D printer too and i tested a design about half an inch thick of ABS and a .2 went in like a hot knife through butter of my M62. But then again it was at point blank range, because it was a rifle grenade. Whatever, take my opinion for what you think is worth it

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
Hi plazmaburn. I just wanted to say you might want to make that helmet of yours a little thicker. I'm a 3D printer too and i tested a design about half an inch thick of ABS and a .2 went in like a hot knife through butter of my M62. But then again it was at point blank range, because it was a rifle grenade. Whatever, take my opinion for what you think is worth it
The helmet isn't 3d printed though...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts