Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SRC m4 isn't working. The motor works fine outside of the handle but when I put it in it won't work. The gears, shims etc. are definitely correctly positioned. The motor has been tested in many positions and with the wiring both ways. It only makes a small click and yes the battery is charged and the it was tested in both semi and full auto. It's annoying as I actually haven't shot any BB's out of it yet and I was so looking forward to doing so. I am seriously depressed now. :-/ :-[ :'( ???

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

BTW I am not the most experienced with gearbox's but I am very mechanically competent.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
My SRC m4 isn't working. The motor works fine outside of the handle but when I put it in it won't work. The gears, shims etc. are definitely correctly positioned. The motor has been tested in many positions and with the wiring both ways. It only makes a small click and yes the battery is charged and the it was tested in both semi and full auto. It's annoying as I actually haven't shot any BB's out of it yet and I was so looking forward to doing so. I am seriously depressed now. :-/ :-[ :'( ???

BTW I am not the most experienced with gearbox's but I am very mechanically competent.
Couple things it could be. First, the motor simply cannot handle the spring. Easiest way to test this by swapping a new motor and seeing what happens.

Second, the battery cannot put out enough power to the motor to cycle the gearbox. Again, easy test, just try a different battery that you know is working well.

Third, and this one can be two-fold. First option is the shimming is a bit too tight, causing the gearbox to seize. Second option is the piston and spring are locked in the back position and the motor/battery simply doesn't have enough torque to finish up the cycle. Easiest way to check either of these is put in a larger battery and flip into full-auto. This should allow the gearbox to turn over at least once.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dutton said:
inthetallgrass said:

Couple things it could be. First, the motor simply cannot handle the spring. Easiest way to test this by swapping a new motor and seeing what happens.

Second, the battery cannot put out enough power to the motor to cycle the gearbox. Again, easy test, just try a different battery that you know is working well.

Third, and this one can be two-fold. First option is the shimming is a bit too tight, causing the gearbox to seize. Second option is the piston and spring are locked in the back position and the motor/battery simply doesn't have enough torque to finish up the cycle. Easiest way to check either of these is put in a larger battery and flip into full-auto. This should allow the gearbox to turn over at least once.
Well the motor is definitely powerful enough considering it's a high torque powering a one joule spring. The battery was pretty much fully charged 9I'll try that again though) and the spring was stuck in the back position so I took apart the gear box and put it back to normal, checking the shimming etc. and everything is fine. I tried adjusting. I dunno. I'll try it with a large type I have tomorrow. (I was using a 9.6v mini, I have an 8.4 large too though)

Oh one other thing is when making the click noise way earlier it blew the fuse which came with the gun so I robbed the one out of my g36c.

Oh and thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
506 Posts
But the motor wouldn't work out of the gun if the fuse was blown. This totally sounds like a GB problem, most likely gears. Your shimming is probably tight. Screw the GB together and spin the gears. They should spin very easily and not wobble side to side. You probably know this though. You can also try to take out all the cylinder parts, and see if the motor spins the gears. The battery could be dead too...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No,bo I said I changed the fuse. Yes the gears spin very freely and with little wobble. I believe the shimming is fine. The gun is brand new. I took the handle off and put it back on and since it hasn't worked. BTW the black motor connector broke but I fixed it. Just in case that's a problem. Buit he motor works outside the gearbox.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The piston locked back? Sounds like your gearbox froze up and you'll need to disassemble it to release the spring.

The motor will strain, maybe click when things are locked up. That will keep the motor from turning the gears. Maybe not the wisest advice, but I've seen people hook a 11.1v lipo up to their guns when the gearbox locks up and the extra juice from the battery helps unlock things.

Gears timed with the piston correctly? I've seen before if the sector gear is not set correctly the piston locks back. Take the upper receiver off the gun and see.

I noticed you said the piston was locked back at one point.
Seems like a timing issue with the gears and piston.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the help, I fixed it but I still don't know what the problem was. I tried everything TWICE but I eventually got it working by taking apart the gearbox COMPLETELY, fixing several things I broke when doing all the checks and regreasing and reshimming the gears. (The shimming was already great - I just made it better) Then I got it working and let out a war-cry. BTW I released thr piston already. And the internals of this gun are great. With a tiny oring put under the original it has 100% airseal. The POM nozzle is great too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seems like something was out of line. Putting a gun down and tackling the next day works wonders.

I almost purchased a SRC M4 (wanted a simple, plain M4) from a local dealer. I've just gotten to the point where I really only buy KWA when it comes to M4/M16's. Not trying to plug KWA, just I've had no issues when it comes to them vs. other brands in material qualities, performance and durability.

How's it shooting? SRC's seem to shoot well at least.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh she is shooting great. As I said the internals are great and with another light small O-ring it has a 100% air-Seal. I'll probably post pics in the lounge soon. The thing that annoys me though is the better then G&G externals but not THAT much. I couldn't remove the front sight, it wasn't a two-piece barrel, I stripped a good few screws, I had to re-solder a wire, a nub thing in the delta ring broke, I broke the charging handle and stretched the spring. and I couldn't fit in a VLOTR upper so I'll have to sell that. Now I admit a lot of these breakages etc. are because of me being too rough or maybe over-screwing. Oh and ignorance when taking apart ^^

The body is still decent and I still recommend it to anyone. Also for an awesome gun get a full Noveske, Vltor or Barret arms body and RIS, SRC Gearbox + motor then get a solid stock, gaurder hop-up unit & rubber, TBB two-piece barrel and finally an ergonomic pistol grip. You would have an awesome gun you built yourself that would be awesome Quality. + There would be no need for external upgrades (Or internal, except maybe a new piston head and spring if you are allowed over a joule)

I wish I did that and if you look at the right places it could work out for just a little more money then the entire thing. Wish I did that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.