Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm switching gears. I'm gonna start saving, and go for a P*. Questions on the thing. What's a good barrel to use in it? I've heard that widebores are better than non, should I get the 6.13 or the 6.23? Also, does anybody know anybody who might be selling one secondhand? THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE MAN

Anyways
Yeah, I'm building it off an M4 platform. gonna have two uppers/stocks, one for my MK18 and one for the DMR upper I will build. And then, I tell myself, I will be set....
I'm just now starting to save for it, so I'm gonna go make a budget now where I can start getting remotely the jack I need for this project....
Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
There's a group on Facebook called Polarstar Airsoft Buy/Sell/Trade some just the FE some the whole gun. Or you can post what your looking for and how much you want to spend and see what responses you get. Or you can get a hold of the guys at Amped Airsoft in Pittsburgh Pa, they can sometimes work out a deal with you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use a 363mm Prometheus 6.03mm that came with the upper I bought. Ain't bad but i'd honestly drop money to get another ORGA over a prometheus. Also pm Tupp9 on here or P* Forums, I know he was parting out a bunch of stuff polarstar related.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i saved up extra cash for about 7 months buying everything i needed finally got my p* and i hate it. i hate rifles in general they are bulky and because of the rain here i hate using my p* for fear of it getting ruined we get about 200 inches of rainfall a year but the p* is the most reliable system on the market and because i want to start milsiming i will need a rifle
sometimes i hate rules.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the build:
Hopefully getting a used Fusion Engine soon, then I'll get together the money for the air rig. Still looking for good deals on both used!
Future upgrades:
Free float rail
ORGA 6.23 barrel
Metal upper receiver (have a metal lower, so)
New hop up unit and bucking/nub (got a trade for one in the works, hoping it turns out)
Needless to say, I am excited.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There's a theory about the 6.23 barrels creating an air cusion around the bb as it travels down the barrel. It keeps the bb from touching the sides or bottom which would mess with the backspin of the bb. They're big with P*'s because they have the ability to put enough air through the barrel to make it work. An aeg or springer would be hard pressed to have enough volume in the cylinder for it to work properly, without using a really short barrel. From what I've seen they seem to work quite well, although ive never seen one be compared to a LRB.

·
Registered
558 Posts
^ Thank you SVD, I have seen P*'s before but thought they looked a little to weird for my taste, but I see what you mean know. How is it better than a Co2 rig? or is it at all even related to a Co2 rig? "Sorry if I sound like a troll, I am used to GG not HPA and P*'s"

·
Registered
185 Posts
With CO2 you have a set amount of gas that comes out when the hammer hits the valve. Now yes you can change that with different valves and possibly recoil springs(don't quote me on that part I'm not positive) which will give you a "set" velocity. With a P* every thing is adjustable, air pressure, poppet valve timing(volume of air), rate of fire, even closed bolt or open bolt. Also with hpa you get much more consistency because hpa is less effected by temperature and also does not have the cool down effect that CO2 does. So you can run hpa in 120f or 20f and it won't effect the performance. Unless you use cheap ni-cad batteries with your P*'s like some of my team mates, ni-cads don't like the cold a couple team mates found that out. I coukd go into more detail but that's a general idea.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ok thank you for clearing that up, I have literally no XP when it came to P*s other than they ran on HPA and you needed a 50 pound air tank on your back, well thank you for informing me on P*'s and how it works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.