Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the wrong time of year for this but I thought I would start a discussion on what people think about sniping in bad weather. What do you wear, or other things that you do to stay confortable in bad weather. All opinions wecome.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If it's just raining and very wet, I won't wear anything different; just my ghillie. I almost prefer playing in the rain because it's harder for the enemy to hear you crawl.

I can't give you my take on playing in the snow because I've only been lucky enough to play in it once (rarely snows here). All I did that time was just wear the warmest clothes imaginable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
seasonal

I found it great to wear an OE tech soft shell windbreaker,BDU's,shamagh, tactical hat, tactical gloves and combat boots in the colder times of the year. When it gets hot out I usually wear a set of bdu's with rolled sleevs, tactical hat, combat boots, gloves and use a camo net to cover yourself or a ghillie blanket. When it is freezing out I wear an ACU ECWCS coat black snow pants white shamagh, gloves, combat boots, and a sock hat.

The reason I don't wear a chest rig with any of this is because when you are a sniper you don't need alot of ammo and you need to be light weigh because when you have a rifle that weighs twice as much as the next guy's rifle you don't want to carry that extra piec of gear.

I do sometime wear a ghillie suit but they are very uncomfertable and there is very little time when you can wear one and stay cool.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When its cold and has been raining heavily for the last two weeks (this may sound like an exaggeration but in Ireland it happens) wolud anybody consider wearing a thermal base layer or military issue waterproof clothing (jacket/trousers)?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The reason I don't wear a chest rig with any of this is because when you are a sniper you don't need alot of ammo and you need to be light weigh because when you have a rifle that weighs twice as much as the next guy's rifle you don't want to carry that extra piec of gear.
What rifle do you have? My vsr is lighter and same lenght as regular assault rifle.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that when its raining alot of players stop concentrating on their surroundings. I find this makes it easy for me to get into position and take a few of them out before they know whats going on. Has anyone else found this?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
@Bush - When it's raining it just makes them search harder here because the rain shortens field of view somewhat.

@Worst - I actually clayed my bar10 for sound muffling and it now weighs eight pounds. I'm strong enough that it doesn't pose a problem for me at all, but If I had to carry around a lot of gear I would be weighted down. Like crazy said, a sniper shouldn't have too much gear in the first place.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Bush - When it's raining it just makes them search harder here because the rain shortens field of view somewhat.

the players you have gone against must have "been on the ball" because the one's I played with didn't concentrate much at all.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
For winter months, I put on a base layer of Under Amour or the equivalent, then a sweatshirt and my BDU bottoms, then I put my Columbia Titanium jack on, and finally a set of Realtree winter camo. It just a thin jacket and pants that you wear warmer clothing underneath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.