Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about making a possible "Sniper/Spotter" only game at the MOA Tac field. I know a few people on here don't live in Michigan but for those that do this would be the place to go where we could all talk about guns, upgrades, shoot the shit, and then have probably the worlds largest game.

We'd most likely do something like, one pair of sniper/spotter go out and 15 minutes later another group does. We could repeat this process until the entire place was in there, once everyone is in and snug, we could start the game. Planting personalized objectives, with a secret "Hit man" for each person. It would be like a secret santa, but with airsoft. For example, Livonia and Myself get a card that says "Take down Oakey and _____". So that would give us more insentive to shoot for him rather than to just shoot for any other sniper.

Of course with a battle this nerve wrecking for sure it'll be a test to see how you par against other snipers in Michigan. If you live anywhere in the world you'd be welcome to come. It'd most likely be an all weekend thing. On top of doing this we'd discuss general sniper ediquette to make yourself a better marksmen as well as tell battle stories and give tips to eachother.

If you live in Michigan and you want to add your two cents into this or your interested, let me know. There are a few things I'd like to do with this that aren't mentioned here. But generally speaking this would be it. It'd probably be "Registration starts at 10 AM Friday, and we all leave whenever people feel like they want to leave. If games go on to Saturday/Sunday, so be it"

-Mosin

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would allow semi-auto only guns for only the spotter. Also, I would ask that they not be an ass with Semi Auto, as in.. Not shoot it almost the speed of a full auto. Maybe one or two rounds.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, then you could either be registered as a spotter, and half to find a sniper to pair with. Or you can watch. I really don't want semi-auto weapons being used as the sniper tool simply because people would go ammo crazy. I suppose if you used low caps or standards that would be ok, but definatly not with a high cap.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'll get a hold of Doc and I'll see when we can possibly do this. What would be a good time for everyone? Probably middle-end of spring? So like.. End of April or middle of May?

Registration for this event will probably be $20, this will give you an armband with your team's name on it as well as a registration in the roster, the game will be a simple ladder based match, in order to save time. This is a basic rundown of how it'll be.

4 snipers and 4 spotters vs. 4 snipers and 4 spotters. The winning team from that mixture will play against eachother in a 2 spotter 2 sniper vs 2 spotter 2 sniper match, the winners of that will do a basic 1 sniper 1 spotter vs 1 sniper 1 spotter match. If your out your more than welcome to enter in other contests, we might actually do some other ones involving stealth (IE, you read numbers that we hold in the air while we scan trying to find you) as well as marksmanship and how you do under pressure (IE, 4 guys run full speed at you and you have only 4 bullets and you must take out all 4 guys before they can get within normal AEG distance of you)

Many other events and mini-games will take place, if you play for a team your more than welcome to have your team come down and support you but if your team starts to trash talk another team or give away any other sniper's position during gameplay, they will be asked to leave, no matter how far you drove or how long you've been there.

If anyone has anything to add to these rules or they would like to see something done a little differently, let me know. More than likely this will be invitation only, but again.. I'll need to run this by Doc before we start doing anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, then you could either be registered as a spotter, and half to find a sniper to pair with. Or you can watch. I really don't want semi-auto weapons being used as the sniper tool simply because people would go ammo crazy. I suppose if you used low caps or standards that would be ok, but definatly not with a high cap.
Yea, it will be a semi only 550 fps gearbox. I will be using the STAR 20 rdrs, no worries there.

I may have my m700 by then, so who knows.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably higher for this one. Whatever Doc will allow the most of is probably what it'll be. I know through the brush and stuff at one of his op's he allowed 650 FPS. But, if you are shooting that hot, and you take a shot on someone less than 25 YARDS away from you or a headshot, you'll be asked to leave and you will not recieve a refund. He hasn't replied yet on what his thoughts were with this, but I'm going to see if I can get this going for sure beginning of next year most likely. It'll probably have around 80 something snipers from different teams all over Michigan and Ohio, so it'll be something you won't want to miss. I've currently got about 30 something different teams already interested in sending their best scout/sniper and spotter to compete in this. The mini-games are being written currently and it should be completely done as far as the final details go by Winter. If your team is interested or you are interested, you can shoot me a PM here or on Michigan Airsoft (My user name is the same there) with the team you'd like to represent as well as your name and your spotters name, thanks.

-Mosin

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A quick update on this:
- Because I know a lot of you guys have snipers and spotters on your team, as in more than just one for each. You can enter as many people as you'd like, but they must be paired up in a sniper spotter format unless you only have one person, when I get the official go ahead from Doc I'll probably make it on MiA and you can register there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can forsee more snipers than spotters thanks to the UTGs out there. Also, I think the objectives are going to be harder to do than staited because every sniper and his bulldog are going to want to stay in their little nice play. If your doing as you said and letting people go out and get set-up like that, that means people are going to match the vegitation around them and they will have plenty of time to pick out the veg, put it in, and stay their.

But, I still think it would be interesting and we cant say it wouldnt work well without trying it out first.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like I said, objectives and mini-games won't conflict with team on team as a direct thing. If we do it it'll be controlled and just an open thing, example:
One team must shoot 5 targets before the targets can approach within 10 yards of the sniper, this can be done only with the sniper and only recieving a set amount of bb's. Should they hit all the targets whatever amount of bb's it took them as well as their time is what the next team would have to match. As far as final sniper on sniper action goes, that'll be as follows:

The top 5-10 teams from the mini-games advance to this, which will be the semi-finals, pending on how many are left, teams will be devided evenly, example:
Team A has 4 snipers and 4 spotters (6 people total)
Team B has 4 snipers and 4 spotters (6 people total)
The winning team on this one will advance to a smaller game which will consist of a 2 v 2 as in 2 snipers and 2 spotters vs 2 snipers and two spotters, the winners of this event will go on to a single one on one, and thus forth. For all the marbles.

It'll be basicly elimation, points will be tallied up for each mini-game and the winners will advance to the semi finals and so on. More will be put out as it's thought up, but as of now I want a roster. So if your team is interested let me know, I've got about 10 teams interested so far, so let me know on here or MiA, thanks.

-Mosin

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's how I'm guessing it'll go:

5 Mini-games, winner of that will be announced.
Ladder based tournament, winner will be announced.

As in, you can win the mini-game and lose the tournament. Or, you can lose the mini-games but win the tournament. The mini-games are just tests to see how well you and your spotter can perform doing various tasks, but the tournament is for bragging rights. I would say only in Michigan, but we've got a few guys from Ohio and Indiana that are down for this as well, so yeah. Consider yourself 1337 shit if you win either one.

If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask, more information will come as it gets closer, and if this is a for sure, it will be announced most likely February.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the double post but some new information has come about.

MOA has got a new field aprox 180 acres in size. I'm gussing we're going to hold this sniper event there. How many would be interested in continous play, as in. The game lasts the entire weekend? unless of course everyone is shot out beforehand. The only thing would be from the times of 10:00 PM - 5:00 AM there will be no shots fired, this way people can clean their goggles and set up a camp fire without having to worry about getting blasted. Of course if you want to move out at night and have an even better hide in the morning that's perfectly fine with me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.