Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a friend of mosins, I was offered a Maruzen Type 96 for about 90 bucks which I know is a great deal. If I do get it I would like to get it to about 400-450 FPS, I wouldn't be at fields but hopefully involved in some large neighborhood wars. I was already planning on an upgraded spring and tightbore, I'm not sure which ones so I was wondering if yall had any ideas. If there are any other upgrades that may help with accuracy or durability without making it extremely fast I'd like to know. Mosin gave me a link to his friends website at http://military-ops-airsoft.org and I was wondering if everything I would need is on that site. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just wanted to say guys that he is a friend of mine (I joined his Call of Duty 4 team). But to answer your questions, MOA won't have the things actually listed there, but if you send the owner an Email, he will definatly get you a price list and let you know how much things would cost. I'm pretty sure it's $12 for a SP120 spring (Should put you in the 400's) and maybe $45ish for the tightbore (Should give you another 20 FPS).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey I'm a friend of mosins, I was offered a Maruzen Type 96 for about 90 bucks which I know is a great deal. If I do get it I would like to get it to about 400-450 FPS, I wouldn't be at fields but hopefully involved in some large neighborhood wars. I was already planning on an upgraded spring and tightbore, I'm not sure which ones so I was wondering if yall had any ideas. If there are any other upgrades that may help with accuracy or durability without making it extremely fast I'd like to know. Mosin gave me a link to his friends website at http://military-ops-airsoft.org and I was wondering if everything I would need is on that site. Thanks for the help guys.
I would try to fire it first. I bought mine used for about $150. Actually, I bought a ghillie suit and the Type 96 from a friend for $300. But seriously, $90, that must be a rich person. Just check it out. If it works fine, then you're one damn lucky person.
Hope it goes well, you'll have a lot of fun with that gun

Wish I had COD4, I just get excited reading about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah yesterday when I was at his house it was dark(stupid time change) so I didn't get a chance to zero it or even aim a shot with it. I'm goin over again next week I think so I'll take my scope hopefully and test it out. He's one of the "I know hardly anything about airsoft but lets spend 400 bucks on a gun anyways" guys which is fine by me if I can get it. I gotta figure out exactly what things I'm gonna need for upgrades so if yall can help me out with finding a site with the best prices that would be great.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Maruzen Type 96 for 90 US Dollars... Thats ~62,05 euros... My well tuned bit over 550 fps (exactly M175 (meters per second)) cost 600 euros, it is from a friend of mine who has played for years and I KNOW he takes good care from hes weapons and YET even this 600 euro cannon went back to him for full parts clean up and maintenance.

What I try to say is that this deal of yours sounds so off the chart that at least I would be concerned if there are, like we say here in Finland; "More skeletons in the closet than is told.". Meaning there might be stuff about this weapon you don't know yet... I hope ya got my point. =D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
A Maruzen APS Type 96 is no where $90.00 USD. They usually run around $300ish

Soap here got a good deal on finding a Maruzen from a rich kid that just had nothing better to do with it, making this a rare exception.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First thing and foremost, please allow me to send you all guys my warmful greetings since that this is my first post. Well then, I was a paintball gamer here and in my country but I'd like to switch into the world of airsoft games. Sniper's game is my most favorite ever since before. Well, i gotta questions to ask. Actually, I'm planning to buy Maruzen type 96 but I just don't know if it will be allowed here in the UAE upon entering (in a legal way of course). My friends have already started playing here in a town called sharjah. But I just don't know where to ask, that's why i rely on you guys cause knowing that I could trust on you. And oh, my friends just got some of there airsoft guns by secret shipments.

Thanks in advance.
Your help will be considered as utmost credit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sniperwolf, it is usually frowned upon to bring back threads that are older than a few weeks. Also please don't double post, there's a handy modify buttong at the top right corner of your post, in which you can edit anything you see fit to, and lastly please use proper punctuation and grammar when posting.

To answer your question, though, I recommend Redwolf Airsoft, they have everything you will need as far as parts and things go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.