Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to my jubilation, I recently acquired an A&K SVD. I am aware that it isn't the best gun in existence by any stretch of the imagination, but 1) I freakin' love SVD's and 2) I got five solid kills with it the first time I fielded it. Needless to say, I am already very fond of it.

That being said, I want to boost performance and reliability, but I've realized that its part compatibility is pathetic, to be kind.

I've already put thread locker (the removable kind) on the cylinder head threads, and I've removed some of the random industrial debris on the interior, but, other than that, I'm at a loss as to what I might do to upgrade it. I'm thinking of getting a weaker spring to increase reliability, so my parts list is currently an M120 spring. I may get a 650mm 6.03 tightbore barrel. Are there any other (preferably inexpensive) mods that I could do to increase consistency or reliability?

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide,
Дефгун

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is what I did to mine when I had it:

MadBull Red Hop-up Bucking
Systema PSG-1 400% Spring (strongest they made)
AirsoftPro.cz Steel Trigger Sear
Romanian Scope
Polished the stock barrel

It shot hard and far using washed MadBull 0.40g bbs. Yes, it was a b1tch to cock, especially when laying prone, but with a glove and some practice it was easy after a while.

This rifle can be made into a performer for not too much cash.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey AKFortyseven hows my svd working for you still. Also the gun is great just get some good things. Like the airsoft pro upgrade kits standard mods should be a good performer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't gotten heavies for it yet but with the .28s I put through her, she's performed pretty well. But yes, I can agree that the hopup design is pretty horrendous, but with the buckings that have nubs in them it works alright

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.