Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Well, I've got a few various targets in my "Backyard" so to speak (Those who have been over know what I'm talking about). I've got a tree that is about 55 meters away (Paced), and electrical box (Maybe 1 meter high, 1 foot wide) about 75 meters out (Paced) and a metal/aluminum shed about 87 yards out (Paced).

I've also got various other things that I shoot at, usually I just see what I can aim at and always try to get a feel for my rifle as to where it'll shoot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My practice shots are at 50 feet for the minimum engagement limit (garbage can out by the curb from my front porch, 110 feet (light post right out front my house across the street. and 175ft/200ft 2 tree past the light post. We have a big open lot there so its a safe spot to shoot. I am friends with local police and they say aslong as I show an orange tip (orange duct tape) then I am ok. People just think its a BB gun.

Aslong as I dont commit vandalism with it or there are alot of complaints about BB guns I dont get flak. And there never is a problem with any of that shit here. Everyone goes out of our city to do that
. Are city is a 2mile by 2mile city and its boring as hell.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can shoot out of my bedroom window; bi-pod onto he dresser; there is a tree approx 140 feet away with a hole in it and I try and shoot into the whole (about the size of someones head) I get it every now and then. Hitting the tree isn't a problem though.

I also made a wooden ledge in a tree in my back yard that I climb up (about 20 feet high, or double the hight of my house) and I can shoot anything I want in a 360 degree view span around me.

I also practice with my ghillie suit by running around the neighborhood and hiding (without my gun of course) no ones ever seen me! ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Don't do that.. Going around with a ghillie suit hiding is just asking to get yourself seen and the cops called. Chances are if you're walking around sneakily and someone catches you.. They'll think you're breaking into stuff and walking around looking for more. Find a small patch of woods or a field out in the middle of nowhere and time yourself from how long it takes to get from one end to the other. If it's a 100 yard field it should take you roughly an hour, if you're doing it any faster then slow down a bit, look around more often and check up at the sky and the trees (Wind speed and precipitation check). If you're doing it in 3-4 hours, then you're moving too slow for airsoft standards, here is the pace I do when I crawl.

Crawl maybe 1-2 yards (My body length), stop, put my head down (Keeping your head as low as possible is another mistake a lot of snipers make), keep it down for a few seconds, pending on how "hot" the area is. Then I look back up, look at where I'm going to crawl next, and look around for any sign of other snipers/enemy personnel, and then I repeat back at step 1.

Also, more good things to practice (I know this is going off topic on my end, might as well share what I know). Is in your spare time do box jumps, it will increase your vertical (How high you can jump) as well as make you be able to jump longer, once doing say.. 50 box jumps up an object maybe 2 feet off the ground is easy, put your rifle in your hand and your ghillie suit on. Then, make a small area that you can see how far you "can" jump, so if the time comes when you're booking full speed through the woods and you see that creek that looks 8 feet wide you can just walk back 10 steps and ace it.

Back on topic though.. If you can't shoot at your house, find a place nearby where no one goes that you know you can bust out the rifle and crack a few out. Remember, a consistent medium range rifle is much better than a long range finicky rifle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't do that.. Going around with a ghillie suit hiding is just asking to get yourself seen and the cops called. Chances are if you're walking around sneakily and someone catches you.. They'll think you're breaking into stuff and walking around looking for more.
Dang didn't think about that, Good advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.