Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, patience is a sniper's ally. We have to wait for the right moment to shoots, we need to move slowly to avoid the enemy spotting us, and sometimes we are just doing recon and need to stay in one place for a long time. I recently discovered something called dorodango where you take a mud ball and continuously build it up with powdered dirt to create a hard capsule. You then take finely powdered dirt and build up a second, thinner capsule, and once it is all dry you can polish it with a soft cloth. I've been working on one for the past day and a half now, and let me tell you, it takes patience.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I know many people who are great at general sniper skills can't sit still for more than a few minutes. There are other things you can do to practice patience but this dorodango thing is a little addicting, and all it takes is dirt, water, and a fridge to make the process go faster. If anyone is interested I can post the results and how how long it took to complete it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are instructions here: http://www.dorodango.com/create.html You can also find different instructions all over the web, but this seems to be the most organized and specific. After I, or someone else, gets better at this, then we can share tips; that is if this catches on as a way to practice patience.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I normaly get my wife to polish my big shiney balls, the waiting for her to be in the mood is where I get all my practice in being patient :hehe:

And I drink Guiness, you have to be a patient man to have a 'proper' pint of that served to you :shrug:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too much info Vindi. Anyway, this is more of a free time thing that you choose to wait for. If you are forced to wait for something it is more torturous than working on something like this.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
This is an extremely interesting article. I am definitely going to give this a try with some of New Jersey's radioactive soil! :lmao:
But in all seriousness, I will be trying this!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So I had it almost done. I spent several hours just adding dirt and shaping it. Now that school's started I had to put it into a plastic bag to continue later. I come home from school today to find it has mold starting to grow on it. I just said screw it, and I took it outside to try to shoot a bb through it. Turns out with an estimated 500fps with .2g rifle shooting .3s, the bb went half way in. By that I mean half the bb was sticking out. This ball isn't even at it's full hardness yet and it managed to do that. These things aren't as delicate as the so called experts make them out to be. I'll try this again some other time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.