Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So quick question- my back yard is a decent size, but definitely not 200 feet or so (the longest disnce is maybe 80' diagonally)- I practice with a small target to compensate for the shortened range (a small copper/bronze cowbell, maybe 4" square - makes a great"PING!" sound when you hit it).

Any other ideas how to sharpen skills with the limited space? My worry is that I am not familiar with the BB range drop, so when I 'm out on the field with this rifle, I will not be able to compensate for actual real distance with it.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have the same problem so what I do is I take my rifle out to the woods behind my high school, which I'm probably the only person who knows there is a path through, and measure out a range there. Of course there is no where I can take it apart and tweak it while there, but once you know you have it set up right, just find a clear path through some trees. I put my rifle in it's duct tape case and stuff that in two garbage bags, then just carry it on my bike to the woods.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
In Ireland as I am sure is the case elsewhere, suburb housing estates have very small back gardens so I can only tweak my rifle at the site. I dont know what everybody else does.

The building planners never incorporated into their plans, us airsofters:) LOL

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You might get some pretty weird looks though, shooting an airsoft gun at a real steel range. Either that or you won't get much respect because gun enthusiats will think you brought a child's toy to the big boy range. At least that is my experience.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just set my scope to the highest power magnification and put the stock in a vice.

Each time I fire I follow the bb through the scope and take note of its flight pattern and where it hit the path and then adjust the scope turrets or hop up adjuster until I'm happy with how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I've taken my gun to a range before. People get a lot of laughs out of it and always want to take some shots off with it for fun. Makes for a good conversation piece when they see the detail of the designs, as long as you don't bring walmart's clear-plastic Crossman trash.

Either way, you would be fine at a real range, just follow the ranges guidelines and treat the rifle as if it were a real fire-arm, and people will leave you alone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can get various bore sighters from some hunting outdoorsy stores. They come in multiple ammunition sizes. anything from .22s to .50 cals. They give the approximate round placement, then you work on your zero from there.

taking out the bolt mechanism, as you would to dismantle the weapon. Place a green laser with blue tac into the bolt housing so it shines the beam down the barrel. Then long as you dont blind anyone. Set up your distances and zero from there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might get some pretty weird looks though, shooting an airsoft gun at a real steel range. Either that or you won't get much respect because gun enthusiats will think you brought a child's toy to the big boy range. At least that is my experience.
Good point, I'll make sure to bring my 18" competition Sabre Defence AR15 along, as well as my suppressed 9mm SIG 226 and S&W .22 AR. ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I just set my scope to the highest power magnification and put the stock in a vice.

Each time I fire I follow the bb through the scope and take note of its flight pattern and where it hit the path and then adjust the scope turrets or hop up adjuster until I'm happy with how it shoots.
Note that I have no problems sighting the rifle in. This is a very familiar, procedure, and I have done this for a while with real steel. The only difference here is that by now, I know EXACTLY how far and how to adjust for range with a .223/5.56 mm rifle... but have no similar experience with BBs. :nuts: So I have the Blaser sighted in 2" above POA at roughly 75 feet (25 yards).

I did find this which helps: http://mackila.com/airsoft/atp/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.