Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've heard that this barrel isn't actually all that bad. The machining is really nice, and even though it's not as tight as you might like, you get good accuracy at range. I've heard of people using the stock TM VSR barrel, which I believe is 6.08, and having very good results. I would recommend buying this set up, and upgrading the barrel later, if you are strapped for cash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The barrels included with the unit that I've encountered mic'd out between 6.06mm & 6.05mm & are honestly not that bad for a brass barrel once the bore has been propely polished out and would serve just fine as a temporary for those on a budget, ollowing it's owner the time to save up for a good quality aftermarket 6.03mm tightbore. I personally recommend the stainless steel inner barrels as in my experience once properly polished they will not oxidize & resist collecting debris better than the other material types currently available & will not wear out over time with use as the coated or anodized type barrels will eventually do.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah, very well put. Basically sums up the different types of barrel materials. +1 (Nice poem in your sig, too!)

The Precision unit is very good in that it's cheap, and comes with a nice "starter" barrel, that gives you some time to get some cash for a nicer barrel. I would recommend it over the PDI. However, the PDI is nice in that the buckings cost $10, as opposed to $20 (Firefly or Nineball).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks "awagg".
The poem I myself actually wrote years ago.
I must agree on your recommedation on the pros by using the PDI chamber for the VSR & it's incorporation of the AEG TM style bucking as there is a plethora to choose from to say the least, but as with all things there is always a trade off, & for those of us that prefer the adjustment of backspin spin on the fly, the TM Precion Chamber is the most sound solution for that balance in performance & accessible rapid adjustment for tuning the spin.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I *think* the PDI chamber takes, exclusively, the W-hold bucking by PDI. No experience with it, but I'm pretty sure it only works with this bucking, made by PDI. However, this hop assembly does take AEG barrels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.