Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in North Carolina and for all my fellow snipers out of state, we are in the time of the year now where everything turns a reddish brown color and all the trees shed their leaves.. I had a game this past weekend and guys on the opposing team were commenting that I was sticking out like a sore thumb.. They added my ghillie was too bulky and I basically looked like an out of place rock.. I tried rolling around in the dead under brush but it didn't help.. So the question I have is, would I be better off just wearing a more simplistic upper with painted strips of burlap and jute or should I paint my ghillie to better help it blend with the current natural vegetation??

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would either TRY to stay in places you blend in, or just spray some orange/red/yellow paint on the ghillie, only painting slight layer so some green/brown can be seen, something like this, top is orange etc, bottom is the part not painted.

__ _ _ _ ___ _

·
Registered
354 Posts
try to break up your outline with out being to bulky, and natural veg is the best way to blend in with any environment

See this picture

In this one here is my outline all I have is a few pieces of ferns on my front and shoulders and I blend in extremely well.

If you zoom in really close you can see the solid od of my gloves

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I am the same way up here in ND my good man.

What I do is use a dead brown color.... and then durring the summer when it is more green, just add foliage to the ghillie. This way in the colder months you don't stick out as much. And like newbie said.... you will have to know the limits of the ghillie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.