Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I cannot get my gearbox to complete more than a few cycles before locking up. I've noticed that when I look into the gearbox that the piston is stuck in the retracted position when ever it locks up.

While it's locked, if I try to pull the trigger the gears seem to be locked and won't release the piston. Even if I try to throw it into full-auto to reset it, it still doesn't turn.

I've got no idea how to fix this and tried most everything I could think of. Any help?

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Can be one of three things or a combination. 1) poor shimming 2) weak/crappy battery (includes all wiring for the gun) 3) weak/crappy motor.

More information on what brand of gun it is and if there's been any upgrades done. As well as what battery you're using would be beneficial to us.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dutton said:
Can be one of three things or a combination. 1) poor shimming 2) weak/crappy battery (includes all wiring for the gun) 3) weak/crappy motor.

More information on what brand of gun it is and if there's been any upgrades done. As well as what battery you're using would be beneficial to us.
I'll check the shimming, but I've got a Tenergy 9.6v and a G&P M160 motor. I know the G&P m160 is very nice so it's probably not that.

And I have done an AoE adjustment to the piston, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A different voltage or just a different brand? Because the only other 9.6v I have is a stock AGM/JG 9.6v. Also, it wasn't like the motor wasn't powering up. It wanted to turn, but couldn't and just rotated inside the motor casing.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
There is a possibly it could be the wiring.

Additionally, just because the motor wants to turn does not always mean the battery can drive the amps to make it happen(especially with NiMH batteries). As the battery tries to deliver the amps, the voltage 'sags' down and may not be enough force to overcome the compressed spring at the other end of the gear set.

I'd check everything with a good battery first, preferably an 11.1v if you can borrow one. Reason being, a LiPO typically has a much better discharge rate than a NiMH battery, and can probably send enough amperage through the stock (junk) wiring to make it turn over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I'll look into the wiring and shimming then. I can't get my hands on a 11.1v, none of my friends run lipos, and I really don't want to use a LiPo. If I end up needing a battery, would a 10.8v suffice?

EDIT: I'm not sure whether the battery I used was charged or not... so I'm going to reassemble it and start with a charged battery before I buy/change anything.

I feel like that may help because the gearbox would cycle a few times (2-3) with a lower powered spring and then get stuck. So maybe that's the problem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've had this happen with my JG gearbox quite a lot recently. I think its my batterys which are total trash as well as the JG wiring. I wouldn't suggest playing with the motor height as you may end up stripping the motors pinion gear and trust me it is horrible to open up your gearbox to see parts of it lodged all over the place.

It's probably either the wiring or the battery, try a different fully charged battery before you play with the wiring.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What kind of gun,GB,gears and gear ratio are in the gun are in the gun in question?What size spring do you have in there?Give us a little more info so we can help you more.Its sounding to me ads if your trying to run too heavy a spring for your gear ratio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.