Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I cannot get my gearbox to complete more than a few cycles before locking up. I've noticed that when I look into the gearbox that the piston is stuck in the retracted position when ever it locks up.

While it's locked, if I try to pull the trigger the gears seem to be locked and won't release the piston. Even if I try to throw it into full-auto to reset it, it still doesn't turn.

I've got no idea how to fix this and tried most everything I could think of. Any help?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dutton said:
Can be one of three things or a combination. 1) poor shimming 2) weak/crappy battery (includes all wiring for the gun) 3) weak/crappy motor.

More information on what brand of gun it is and if there's been any upgrades done. As well as what battery you're using would be beneficial to us.
I'll check the shimming, but I've got a Tenergy 9.6v and a G&P M160 motor. I know the G&P m160 is very nice so it's probably not that.

And I have done an AoE adjustment to the piston, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A different voltage or just a different brand? Because the only other 9.6v I have is a stock AGM/JG 9.6v. Also, it wasn't like the motor wasn't powering up. It wanted to turn, but couldn't and just rotated inside the motor casing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I'll look into the wiring and shimming then. I can't get my hands on a 11.1v, none of my friends run lipos, and I really don't want to use a LiPo. If I end up needing a battery, would a 10.8v suffice?

EDIT: I'm not sure whether the battery I used was charged or not... so I'm going to reassemble it and start with a charged battery before I buy/change anything.

I feel like that may help because the gearbox would cycle a few times (2-3) with a lower powered spring and then get stuck. So maybe that's the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.