Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Today I receive 1 and half classic gun!!:tup:
One LRB equipped JAC XM177 DX and the upper receiver of a Sheriff M16 with LRB.

The JAC is a friend of mines.... But I think it will stay with me!:yup:

Here's what I got so far..

I have a few questions about them
First of all the Sheriff... How the hell do you take it apart!! Everything is stuffed in there... I really don't know where to start!

The rest of the gun should be here next week.:tup:

Now for the JAC..
Firstly I'd like to know the outer barrel assembly is held in place by the pin?:shrug:

Also the trigger nubs (rabbit ears) are missing!! This will allow the gun to fire at all... or it will fire full auto only?:shrug:

I still don't have the tanks for my rig so I can't test them.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for looking
Wolf

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's BV engine air feed ... It uses Asahi mags...
Thank fully I have 5 mags from my other Sheriff!

I can't seen to find any part to remove! Everything is so stuffed in there, the other one was more spaceous and the bolt handle worked!

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll wait to test it first and then I'll take it apart...
I'll have to raise money for tanks ASAP.... I'm starting to have a very itchy finger!

I'm only hope to receive the lower receiver soon and not wait for 2 months like I did with the M40!

Wolf

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Well I hope they loose it :D

You can't have that many nice complete rifles ;)

But seriously, nice rifles yet again..... Are you sure there are not any set screws or tabs that are keeping the engine in place? Or is it just "pressure" fit into the upper?

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking to take the barrel first and see from there but from what I've read Sheriff guns are always pain in the ass to disassemble!

I guess I'll test it first and if I don't like it I'll take it apart then.

I'll try to take a better pic of the internals later to see how stuffed they are.

Wolf

·
Registered
90 Posts
The rabbit ears make it shoot 3 round burst. Yes with out it it would shoot full auto.

HEre you can see the parts list:

Yours looks like is customized by Brian from classic airsoft with hop up and the recoil weight that has the set screws holding it, Is called anti-rotational because the screws hold it there. just take them off and you should be able to take the barrel assembly off.

Also DarrylZero made some videos of him taking it apart on youtube. Is the same guy from Classic airsoft. He asked me to make him the rabbit ears out of carbon steel because they tend to break. Look up his videos. I know there is a bunch of videos on how to take it apart from other guys as well.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man...
Too bad I'll have to change a few parts to return to the original configuration... I'll keep it full auto only.
And I'll probably will buy and a brass main chamber for it and make it a proper Limited edition!

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I finished today the complete internal swap!
I installed a brass main chamber, another bv valve, a trigger group with rhe "rabbits ears"... pretty much everything internally!
I tried to test fire it first with no mag to see if the trigger can press the valve, well it worked for 2 seconds and then all I hear is a barely noticed hiss sound!

I'm guessing I adjusted the trigger wrong, can some one give a hint how to do it properly?

Wolf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.