Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys want to ask, i just upgrade my lonex gearbox with shs 13:1 and m120 spring, but when i tried pull the trigger it seems like the sector gear didnt pull the piston but the tappet plate and nozzle move backward and forward, i just shimming with bevel to pinion and all gears move freely, and i check the AOE and its good, what could the problem is? Or maybe the shs 13:1 gearset didnt strong enough to pull m120? Thx a lot guys

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, the tappet is only going to cycle if the sector gear is spinning. Is it possible you shaved too much off the piston teeth for correcting AOE and now the sector gear can't pick it up? That would be my best guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about this, but
Well, the tappet is only going to cycle if the sector gear is spinning. Is it possible you shaved too much off the piston teeth for correcting AOE and now the sector gear can't pick it up? That would be my best guess.
Thx for ur answer mate, i didnt shave the piston teeth, its all stock but the aoe is good enough, but when i use 18:1 gear and its running normal, maybe 13:1 didnt fit for lonex gb?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well that's confusing. I honestly don't have a good explanation. Do the 13:1 gears cycle smoothly if you spin them in the gearbox shell (without everything else installed)? Perhaps the 13:1 gears are slightly thicker and don't match the shim job for the 18:1s. That ZCI should be able to handle a lot more than an m120 on 13:1s.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes
Well that's confusing. I honestly don't have a good explanation. Do the 13:1 gears cycle smoothly if you spin them in the gearbox shell (without everything else installed)? Perhaps the 13:1 gears are slightly thicker and don't match the shim job for the 18:1s. That ZCI should be able to handle a lot more than an m120 on 13:1s.
Yes the 13:1 spinning free, maybe the shimming was incorect and the sector gear higher than the piston?

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you shimmed the sector so high that it completely goes past the piston, I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to close the gearbox because there are at least 5/6 millimetres worth of shims underneath.

Have you installed the piston correctly? Sometimes during reassembly the piston can rotate on its axis and free itself from the guides, so the rack sits at a 45° angle and doesn't catch on the sector teeth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx fof
If you shimmed the sector so high that it completely goes past the piston, I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to close the gearbox because there are at least 5/6 millimetres worth of shims underneath.

Have you installed the piston correctly? Sometimes during reassembly the piston can rotate on its axis and free itself from the guides, so the rack sits at a 45° angle and doesn't catch on the sector teeth.
Thx for ur answer mate, what you mentioned above made me think that when iam closing the gearbox the piston was not in the right position, but how do I see the piston in the right position when the gb is close? And how to shim sector gear so that the sector gear does not touch each other with the spur gear but not too high with the piston teeth?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Addition:
But if i didnt install the piston correctly, so i cant close the gerabox right mate?

·
Registered
358 Posts
You can definitely close the gearbox with the piston tilted to the side (I've done it lol).

I just make sure its guide rails are in the right position (slotted into the gearbox tracks) and close everything.

Regarding shimming, I usually shim spur first so naturally the sector stays much lower than if I were using the bevel to pinion method.
But it's just personal preference after all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alr
You can definitely close the gearbox with the piston tilted to the side (I've done it lol).

I just make sure its guide rails are in the right position (slotted into the gearbox tracks) and close everything.

Regarding shimming, I usually shim spur first so naturally the sector stays much lower than if I were using the bevel to pinion method.
But it's just personal preference after all.
Alright sir, thx for ur answer, hope it will solve the problem soon 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts