Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Because I'm quite new in Airsoft sniping, I'll appreciate your opinion on a problem that I have...

I have an ASG AW.308 stock, for almost 7-8 months now, which behaved very well, but I thought it would be a good idea to clean it (and out of curiosity too) - so I took it apart, wiped any trace of dust, and put it back together.

Now I'm experiencing a drop in the BB's trajectory. Even with the hop-up maxed out. For instance, at 8-10m the drop on the target is ~5cm. The horizontal it's ok, so no left/right deviations.

Can you please give me an advice about this problem? Should I use more vaseline to seal-off the piston or something?

Thank you in advance!
Daniel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Vaseline is very bad for a cylinder grease. Being petroleum based, it dissolves rubber (which is why it and condoms don't mix). Clean it off immediately.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not entirely. It could very well be a dry cylinder (no compression). In this case, use a rubber safe grease (plumbers greases are a safe bet). It could also be oil/grease buildup on your hop up bucking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the hop-up chamber for any extra grease, and seems ok. I'll just buy some grease from our Airsoft store, and clean it again more carefully. I'll come back with an answer.

Thank you very much for your involvement!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.