Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade my L96 barrel. I can't really afford the PDI at the moment, and am looking for other solid options. For prommy, I'm told the 6.03 stainless steel is awesome. I just found a prommy 6.05 ash for very cheap. Does anyone know how ash compares to stainless steel?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
They are the same barrel, Laylax and Prommy.

Both are good barrels, but I would recommend a stainless 6.03 if you have the $$. However, the 6.05 are gaining in popularity right now, so it is pretty much anyone's best guess which is better. I believe that the quality of the bore on the steel ones will be a little better, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the 6.05 I found is for an M14. Its 500mm long, but will it work with an AEG hopup? I'm upgrading the barrel before the hopup, and If I get something for a PDI/AEG hopup, will that work with the UTG stock hopup until I upgrade?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
the 6.05 I found is for an M14. Its 500mm long, but will it work with an AEG hopup? I'm upgrading the barrel before the hopup, and If I get something for a PDI/AEG hopup, will that work with the UTG stock hopup until I upgrade?
No, the M14 hop up barrels are designed differently and will not work with the PDI or HP hop up units for BASRs.

And no, it will not work with the stock hop up unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to go with the EdGI 6.01. Its worth the extra $30 to get something I know is going to work well. I'm also going to upgrade the hop up instead of tap and die. All the sites I've found with HP hop ups are out of stock. You guys know a good one? Thanks for all the help btw. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.