Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to BDU.com their first picture is of this new BDU. Since my field is urban but has wood outskirts do you think this camo would work? I like the pattern but do you think it would work good as a urban sniper?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pictures 1+ for you. This really helps my decision. I cant stress enough how much this helps:) Since their really new and a bit pricey I think ill wait a bit till I save up some more. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
807 Posts
$60+ for a top and $60 for bottoms for a crawl suit base that you're going to cover up with piles of jute and pad on the front? I just stick with my $14 used BDUs I get from local shops....

I can see myself getting the ACU cut pants in A-Tacs and the battle shirt they released, but I'd be getting it for desert/grassland games, not for a ghillie. The sad thing is that since these aren't going to be issue (at least there hasn't been talk that I've heard) you will be hard pressed to find these surplus. :(

·
Registered
807 Posts
I used woodland BDUs on my grassland ghillie....

I really should have brought the netting around the arms further and may still do it, but it really doesnt make that huge of a difference if I do enough blending and hang some extra jute off of it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
awagg said:
Yeah, but maybe if you were going for a snow ghillie, it would stick out, but for everything else... get the cheap woodland camo BDU's.
Ah, good point, I never thought of that (most people around here don't know what snow is... they freak out when it rains
). If I were to make a snow suit though I would probably use one of those nifty half zip tyvek painting suits as a base; water proof, super light...

·
Registered
506 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
awagg said:
Yeah, but maybe if you were going for a snow ghillie, it would stick out, but for everything else... get the cheap woodland camo BDU's.
Ah, good point, I never thought of that (most people around here don't know what snow is... they freak out when it rains
). If I were to make a snow suit though I would probably use one of those nifty half zip tyvek painting suits as a base; water proof, super light...
Yeah, gotcha... from the Bay Area too. What's up with the rain yesterday though? In june? Yuck.

But anyways, has anyone tried those A-tacs in dead grassland? Interested in trying them out. It seems like they'd blend in fairly well. The color is there, but the pattern is a little off...

·
Registered
807 Posts
awagg: A local shop owner over here (friend of mine) was actually the first one to turn me onto A-Tacs. He was bragging about getting them in his shop for a month before they came in. He got them and took them out to ORD. with his team the following weekend.

He said they did decently well; although he would have preferred to have his multicam for that setting.

For pure grassland I think they would work decently, although he says theres nothing better than the British Desert DPM (short of a ghillie of course
)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.