Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where did you get the sorbo from? I know that many pads on places like eBay are out of a weak material that breaks apart easily. I personally bought a polyurethane sheet off of McMaster-Carr and cut them myself and they are very durable and dense. (70d) I haven't had one fall apart yet, but they haven't had too much testing. Also, in my MB03 I have a sorbo pad glued on my piston instead and I cut it down to a cone-ish shape and it works pretty well. I believe that pad is only 50d though. If I take it apart later I'll post a picture if I remember to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd love to buy stuff from them, but apparently the rules for sending a few bucks worth of plastic are so incredibly difficult that they won't ship outside US.
I'd buy a sheet for you and send it, but the shipping is ridiculous from them. It was around $10 for two 4"x4" sheets.

It was a scatterplot brand pad I got from evike, and I know that those are regarded in most places as being at least standard.

To test whether or not it was in fact the piston head that did it in, I bough a new pad and a Silverback Carbon Fiber piston (review coming soon), and I'll update after my game tomorrow if the pad works alright with that piston.
You can try putting a neoprene pad on top. You can get thin neoprene sheets off of McMaster-Carr as well. If you don't want to use neoprene you can also buy a faucet washer at a hardware store and sand it down to the right size and put that over your sorbo to protect it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.