Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on this rifle to sell for some time now and have been trying to really go all out on it. Right now its about ~75% finished, but I would like to get a few outside opinions on what people think. Negative or positive, it's all accepted ;)

The base rifle of course is a PSG-1.

G&G Magnesium body
King Arms Steel Stock Pins
PDI Chamber block
EdGI Barrel
Custom Accessories rail under fore grip with thumbscrew (Sling stud holes still need to be drilled and tapped)
Silencer Adapter
Carbon Fiber 50mm Suppressor (End caps are 1mm to wide to fit in... Back to the lathe...)
Custom Target Style grip (Lots of work still to be done.)
Lastly, the final piece to go in it will be PolarStar Solenoid System.

·
Registered
445 Posts
How does the grip feel, I have never scene that before. Also I love how you always go with original stuff like the scope, and I cant wait to see how she shoots with the hpa gear box.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That is what I was just going to say silent....

That and you should probably make your bed ;)

I like the look of the suppressor on her as well.

What are you looking for as far as price? Have always loved this rifle as well. And again I need to sell things to buy something from you..... you make it hard to keep money around man.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I will get the end caps the correct size along with the rail drilled out and tapped for the sling studs tomorrow and will update this with the finished silencer.

As for price... brace your self, 1500-1750$... Yea, so start saving your pennies.

In my opinion though, I think it will give any RHF rifle a run for its money.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm anxious to see a pic with the silencer affixed to it. Really, when you think about the custom work and the PolarStar kit, $1500-1750 isn't too bad of a price. If I had that much, it would definitely be on my "to buy list." Can you give us the performance once the HPA system comes out and you get a hold of it?

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a fun annoying painful task. Stippling!

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grip is now a flush fit to the lower receiver. Sanded smooth and shaped to follow the contours of the grip (A bit hard to see with the white surface in the picture). Also the seams around the grip to filler are sanded down smooth to where you can't feel where the plastic ends or the filler starts. Should look like it was molded this way after a quick paint.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the suppressors end caps to fit, glued in the rear one, front is just sitting in which is the reason for the thin gap. Made a pair of sling studs and drilled out the rail to accept them. Need to do a little work to the threads to allow the can screw on better. Can has a nice solid fit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does the chamber block make a big difference?
My brother had one of these a while back and the front end wobble was just ridiculous. I would consider getting one if the chamber block did it's job properly.

Great bit of work there by the way, it looks awesome.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The chamber block does a great job at removing an wobble in the barrel, although the rifle will still have a wobbly scope and creak and moan. After you modify a metal body to work with the chamber block all those problems disappear and the rifle becomes rock solid.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got bored.

...still just dickin around until I can get my hands on a PolarStar Fusion kit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.