Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ( and girls if they are here! )

I have a question!
i've seen the 6mm hunters playing with a co2 rig to there tanaka m40a1, called cold shot.

So my question now is: can you guys give me the link to the webshop of this Co2 rig ??

Because now im on my work, and it take ages to load,, and i want to order the rig :)

Greetz
Patriot

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
What are you wanting to know about them?

It is a CO2 system with an in line regulator, which will help keep the pressure changes to a min. But you will have to drill and tap your mags for this anyway.... so might as well just get an HPA set up for even better consistency.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Um, cold shot is no more.
MagnumBB, while building his last set of coldshots, had some [insert derogatory term here] open up a paypal dispute, freezing his funds and costing him a lot of hassle and problems to ship them out.
He got so frustrated he decided to stop making them. He passed off his CO2 NBB V2 Gearbox project to someone, dunno if they plan on making cold shots too, but the website is gone I think.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
laxweasel said:
Um, cold shot is no more.
MagnumBB, while building his last set of coldshots, had some [insert derogatory term here] open up a paypal dispute, freezing his funds and costing him a lot of hassle and problems to ship them out.
He got so frustrated he decided to stop making them. He passed off his CO2 NBB V2 Gearbox project to someone, dunno if they plan on making cold shots too, but the website is gone I think.
WHAT! :'(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup. Thread over at Arnies hints at it, plus I was in on some info/emails/pms since I was one of the ones in on that last order of coldshots.
It eventually got resolved enough for him to ship out the units but, to be honest, I can imagine how that would screw over your motivation to innovate at little or no profit.
+1 to what woogie said. Whoever the little brat is, I think we'd all like to get our hands on them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
patriot said:
i;ve already got a co2 system, but i alsow want better
because i';ve seen you can make the precision precise!
and with what i have now, i cannot ! :S

greetz
patriot
What set up do you have now?

I'm a 20 year paintball vet. Know a few things about air rigs.

PM me if you respond here. We can keep it an open conversation so
others learn. I'll just forgot about this post and not check back.

Also want to note that all those parts from the Cold Shot kits are out there. Sort of wish the guy building them would divulge his sources. Though I know some of the parts he used can only be purchased in bulk.

Of course many items used in paintball can be used to build a similar, compact kit like the Cold Shot. So not all is lost if he's not making them anymore.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would suggest a completely different rig but its not cheap. You could at least add a secondary reg and some new gauges.

To me the rig you have now could use some QD fittings and a new gauge. You really want to know how much PSI you are putting into the gun since a difference of 20PSI could equal 100+FPS. You also could benefit from a secondary regulator to help smooth out your PSI and improve its consistency. CO2 is not the best choice but if you are trying to hide it then I guess it will have to do. If you can afford to use a Camelbak to store a HPA tank I would do that. In fact, that is exactly what I do.

For those that love this cold shot thing. The Mini reg used in it is a AR-10 which is sold at Poweraire ( http://www.poweraire.com/modular-regulator-ar10-p-2552.html ) for $13. I don't think it should be asked to overcome the PSI of unregulated CO2 but... Making a cold shot is pretty simple and the parts are out there. If you want something that is a little better you can always connect the cold shot , or a copy of it, to a palmer pursuits female stabilizer (airsoft 200PSI type) and run CO2 or HPA bottles.

I personally find the AR-10 lacking options in the gauge section since all you really want is big picture of the PSI between 50-150. And those tiny gauges barely distinguish between 10PSI. Not as small, the AR-20 uses bigger ports and allows for more options. Once you start using a primary and secondary reg you can adjust the 1st to 1-3PSI more than the 2nd. Once you have them VERY close your consistency is much better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah it is especially because it's aluminium - the metal fittings tend to destroy the plastic regulator easily.

You can build an all metal dual regulator setup to fit in a stock pouch for less than a pre-made cold shot.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That would not surprise me but you're missing out on HPA and N2. That hose is really not an issue. Any of you guys using a sling or just have one on your gun couldn't? Its about as bad, not much.

I saw co2 12g adapters that are metal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.