Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been in the process of modifying my SWS X28 (similar to an Echo1 m28) and currently am trying to fix the dreaded right hook of the bb's. Trying to figure out what caused it i took out parts of my hop up chamber one by one but I eventually took everything except my bucking and the chamber itself (there is no hop up arm). Now when I shoot my rifle the bb obviously drops, but after 100 feet or so the bb still curves to the right. I have already tried re alligning the parts of my rifle several times so please don't suggest that as a solution. From this the only remaining possibility that i can see is that the bucking is being pushed inward (creating a backspin on the right side). Is this backspin happening because of the small outward nub (for lack of a better word) on the outside of the bucking that fits into the slot in the hop up chamber being pushed inward. Would shaving down this nub possibly fix the backspin on the right side. If anyone has any experience on this your imput would be appreciated before I go cutting up my new 9ball bucking.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had considered a tdc mod but I wanted to at least try to make the stock hop up system work properly with some mods. Also the tdc mod would fix inaccuracy caused by the stock hop up arm/ nub not problems caused by the bucking.

If I was unclear about what I took out of my hop up chamber I am talking about all the parts below the barrel/ hop up chamber. In the second picture I just wanted to point out that I am referring to the outer nub that can be seen on the right side of the bucking. In the third picture you can see a slight tear on the part of the bucking that makes an airseal with the air nozzel/ piston. I noticed the tear when I took apart the hop up to take pictures. Could this tear be causing the right hook? I would think that it wouldn't becuase it shouldn't even touch the bb when the rifle is fired.

I am not canting the rifle, or rather if I do the "hook" moves as would be expected relative to the cant.

Just to be clear... shaving down the outer nub on my bucking won't cause more harm than potentional good right?

(sorry for so many questions, I'm unexperienced with buckings; also sorry for how the pictures are displayed but this is actually my first time posting pictures anywhere so... i still need to figure out photobucket or something...)

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I cut down the outer nub slightly where it contacts the hop up chamber and that didn't fix the right hook so does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the tear in the bucking? I could try either crazy glueing the tear back down or i could cut it out entirely. I'll probubly end up just getting another bucking... but if i could fix it without spending another $25 on another bucking that'd be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.