Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on getting the pdi hop up for the type 96 along with some other things.

My main concern is how would I adjust the hop up? After looking at photos it seems as though where the hop up adjustment would be on my stock l96, there is just one simple screw that juts out on the pdi hop up.

I hear there are two adjustments for the pdi chamber, but all I see is one screw. Is there something I am not getting? Do I have to completely take apart the gun to adjust the hop up or something?

I am also putting in an m170 spring. Do I need to buy a specific nub and chamber bars for this to work out well with .36g bbs?

·
Registered
909 Posts
There are two very small set screws that adjust the hop-up. Flip the gun upside down, take out the magazine and pull the bolt back. You'll see the nozzle from the cylinder head retract when you do this and it will reveal the two screws.

It's kinda weird; to add more hop, you'll need to loosen the screws and visa versa. You may need different hop-up arms because some people get to the point where they are adding so much hop that the nozzle hits the screws and tears up the threading. Just be careful of this. With the high power of and M170 spring though, you shouldn't need those to be able to hop 0.36g's. Hope this helped and wasn't too hard to understand.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
It's similar to APS2 system and CA M24.
I'm using stock hop up chamber on my M24 and it can't overhop .40's so I'm trying to modify it... I have tons of .40's stashed!

I don't like this system either... It's hard to fine tune it.

Wolf

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for all the help. When looking at pictures on google images, I was confused by seeing one screw that stuck out near where the bbs feed into the chamber. I didn't know that the hop up adjusters were INSIDE the pdi chamber. Thanks allot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.