Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are lots of replicas in that price range. I strongly recommend to new players that you start with a AEG, but since this is a airsoft sniper forum. You can usually find a used TM VSR 10 or a jg Bar 10 (a VSR10 clone) for close to your budget, But beware that sniping in airsoft is not a budget endeavor. Most of us have many many times your budget into our replicas. Some even have your budget in just the trigger mechanism! All of these expensive upgrades for accuracy and velocity are necessary to have even a small advantage over the average slightly upgraded AEG. There are lots of threads on this forum and a few others, spend some time going over some old posts in eash section. The information you are looking for is here, you just got to search it out. If you have a particular question that you can not find in a old post then, feel free to ask, just PLEASE SEARCH FIRST

·
Registered
49 Posts
FPS is meaningless with out accuracy. 50% greater fps does not translate to 50% greater range. With a higher fps with .20 gram BBs you may have small increase in range but what it really allows you to do is use heavier BBs like .29/.30 which are more accurate and resistant to environmental harassment at similar velocity to the AEG firing .20 gram BBs back at you. Yes, with careful application of Teflon tape and trimming the air brake a little you could reach 500fps with .20 stock. However I suggest you plan on a tightbore, hop up bucking and high quality hardened trigger sears and a M150 spring off the get go. This is in my opinion a great start. For alternatives, spend some time in the VSR section of the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.