Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning on doing this for some time now. What my goal with this build is to have a DMR that I can use in any situation or field. I want to be able to go from 350fps to 450fps on field, with the ability to go to something like 400fps or 500fps as well.

To do this, I plan on using one of these two rifles as my base.

First is the ICS Sportline M4/CQB.

This is my first option, as it is readily available and reasonably cheap. I know there are some limits with compatibility, but the ICS gearbox design is perfect for the goal of this rifle.

The second option is the ARES AMOEBA "Honey Badger".

This is actually a very recent option, as it isn't available in any stores that I know of in the US. Due to this, the issue of cost is a factor, but the rifle has a variety of features I like. Besides being a well built gun, it has a microswitch/MOSFET trigger and a QD spring change system that can be accessed without removing the gearbox, just the stock.

Now some of you might say why choose these guns? Especially since both are more standard length/CQB size. The reason is that I already have a variety of external parts and internal parts ready to install into which ever I purchase to create a DMR style rifle similar to the MK18.

What I'm looking for is some advice from anyone who has used or knows of how these, or similar, AEGs performed in any sort of role, and if anyone has ever attempted something like this before.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea of a krytac, but sadly, that's a lot more than I want to spend. I'm selling my old primary m4 to buy the new dmr, and $300+ isn't coming in from it lol I also looked at the qd system, and it requires a full dissasembly of the gun, which is a no-no for me.

· Registered
150 Posts
I have a ics m4 sir, I haven't had any issues in regards of compatibility. The body and delta ring is the only thing that doesn't look like my G&p m16. The buffertube is thicker also so this will be an issue if you want a different stock but if you have a dremel you will be fine, I changed out the buffertube and stock on my ics to an full stock from a G&p m16.
I would suggest the ics if you are planning to change the barrel length due to you need to change the cylinder.
With the ics you can have different upper gearboxes with the right stuff in them and I know I've seen complete upper receivers with upper gearbox, hop up, outer barrel and inner barrel, then you would have a complete upper that you can switch over to in a matter of seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.