Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my ir-hop in the mail today, and was cutting it down to size. I tried dropping it into my edgi barrel, and it didn't go in all the way. there is apparently a small curve at the corners of the window that isn't letting the ir-hop drop in all the way. For now I am making it fit my stock barrel, but should I just sand the corners of the ir-hop to fit or will that affect performance?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got fed up of my hop window not fitting my R-hop in properly... So I took a set of needle files to it and now have a lovely little extended window which my IR-hop sits in beautifully =)

Taking the corners off your IR-hop should not affect the performance though!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Any reason I should cut the hop window rather than the ir-hop?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Because its easier to fit a square patch in a square hole, than a round patch in a round hole. Trust me, you will not be able to make the patch the perfect shape. Just carefully file the window.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a nail file to get my knives razor sharp, so can I just use that? And it's flat so it's not going to accidentally curve the window. I do have a dremel with several bits, but I am much better at using hand tools. I also have a metal file, but it is pretty rough.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I filed down the curve with the file on my leatherman because I tried the nail file and it was taking forever. After I ground it down I scraped the inside edge of the window with my knife to get rid of any microscopic burrs left there. The ir-hop works fine now, but I just need to sand down the inside of the ir-hop because it is over hopping the bb. Although it is perfectly flush with the outside wall of the barrel. :tup:

Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.