Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about r-hopping my action army barrel. The first thing I noticed with it is that the end where the hop rubber goes is shaped differently than other barrels I've seen.

Would I make the r-hop patch to correspond to this shape? Or will a regular square shaped patch still work, with a little space left over for the weird slanted angle in the barrel? If a hop rubber is covering the hole left over from r-hop patch, I don't see air leaking being an issue. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Would appreciate some opinions here :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you're going for an Rhop, you have the wrong kind of barrel. VSR10 barrels come in bridged and unbridged forms. The one you have is the unbridged, and is typically used in conjunction with buckings that have extended contact patches (like the maple leaf that the post above me mentioned)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're going for an Rhop, you have the wrong kind of barrel. VSR10 barrels come in bridged and unbridged forms. The one you have is the unbridged, and is typically used in conjunction with buckings that have extended contact patches (like the maple leaf that the post above me mentioned)
Okay, thanks for both of your posts. I'm still learning about this stuff so I really appreciate it :) I'll tryout the autobot bucking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bridged or unbridged, both are easilly r-hopped. However, if you do intend to r-hop make sure to use a file and remove the slanted side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts