Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my r-hop patches and finally sanded it down with 220 so now it doesn't over hop. But I am having very inconsistent results. Sometimes it would go really far, sometimes it would go short, to the left, or to the right.

I have done the TDC mod and I'm using some nerf foam as the nub. Have any of y'all had similar results? What could I do to fix this?

Maybe it was the random gusts of wind.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If there is a local hardware store they generally have a better sand paper selection then lowes. might also look at automotive places, they sometimes have the higher grit counts.

with out knowing more about the rifle and setup it is in i have no idea what else it might be, but a not quite finished R-hop defenitly does not help

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some testing and now the bb will either go straight or go to the right, it never went to the left. This is probably because I have a stock barrel and would need a tightbore? Would the LRB mod fix this with out having to buy a new barrel? Since the bb will travel along the top of the barrel and not bounce around.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If it is confined to the center or right then it probably isn't the quality of the barrel. Make sure your foam nub hasn't compressed too much and you have your hop arm shimmed so it doesn't have any side to side play. The silicone oil acts as a lubricant (duh) so the sand paper doesn't take off as much materal, and gets it smoother. It's like how when you sand the paint on your car to a polish you pour water on it to lubricate it. As for the barrel, like I said, it probably isn't the problem but you can always use some abrasive polishing compound like brasso to shine the inside of the barrel and make it more consistent.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
There is no side to side play in the hop up arm. The foam nub was just put on there and I undo the hop up when I'm not using it. I don't think polishing the barrel would do anything since it is only right or center and isn't scattered every where. So I'm not sure how to fix it from shooting to the right, any other possible solutions?
It has always shot to the right even before the r-hop patch so I thought maybe it was my scope. But now it shoots center or to the right

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Try wrapping a layer or two of teflon tape around the r-hop and barrel, then put the bucking on. The only explanation I have is it might be moving around a bit in the bucking.

And if the TDC is a bit off it shouldn't affect anything, unless you somehow screwed it up beyond belief. If it is a few degrees off being straight, you shouldn't be seeing any problems with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.