Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I would just like some info on this gun as the videos on youtube are hard to understand and don't answer much.

So I shoot real guns all the time, and in airsoft I really hate the sewing machine that is the AEG. Currently I have a SR-25 and I am selling it to get a car but after that I will be saving up for the RA tech M14. I have heard some very good things and very bad things about it and I would like to know what you guys think and what you think is the best path. Buy the Level 2 M14 with everything and stuff I don't need already installed or buy a WE and just put the necessary parts in it? I am trying to save as much money as possible but I'm not that great with internals on guns (Although with a gas gun I would be better due to the mechanicalness of it and no electricity)

Let me know what you think! Thanks for all your help in advance!

Tanner

·
Registered
807 Posts
This is the same as the WE M14 right? If so you should probably change the title to WE M14 GBBR, you'll probably get more hits that way.

As far as the rifle itself goes, I've only heard good things. My friend got one right as it came out, and after a few mods he's got it semi accurate out to 120' and hes planning to rig it for HPA, so that would probably only increase the accuracy.

From what I have seen on the internals it is basically a big GBB pistol. I am still trying to understand exactly how the upper portion works on this, since it is a rifle it does differ slightly from a pistol, but it's basically the same concept. I know there are upgraded nozzles and such, but I dont really see the point since you can make your own high flow valve out of the stock magazine valve.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed the name thanks for the tip.

What does a high flow valve do? I know how to make one but what does it improve?

Also the RA-Tech is an improved version with steel parts and other parts that just make it over all last longer. But there are sertain parts that I dont want on the gun like the marked resever. I just dont need that and its a waste. But stuff I do want would be the wood stock and they give you a good deal if you buy everything together.

I guess I will just buy everything together but Are there any other accounts of things breaking? If it is going to break I would like to know ahead of time and machine the part out of steel.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I haven't heard of any parts breaking yet. I know that these things have been a topic of discussion on some of the classic airsoft forums since they are starting to go back in that direction, so you might want to check some of those out since those guys have probably done much more complete reviews and taken them down all the way.

A high flow valve will do two things, in theory. 1. it will increase the flow of air to the valve. 2. the airfow to the valve will be consistant and less turbulant. Of course this will all depend on the operation of the bolt and how that system is set up, which is the part that I am foggy on. From some of the reviews I saw some people were getting up to 30fps gain out of a high flow valve. However, if there is one thing I have learned here its that accuracy and FPS don't necessarially go hand in hand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accuracy and FPS go together but the most important part of the equation is BB weight.

Classic airsoft forums? Sorry I only belong to this one, Evike, WWII and the state one.

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
inthetallgrass said:
I saw a sweet video of one in one of scoutthedoggie's videos on youtube. The fella was getting consistent hits at 150ft and it was winter with snow around them.
I saw the same video lol. I love that video and that is the reason why I am looking at this gun as my next one.

Mroverkill thanks for the info I will go look around there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
elder90 said:
Accuracy and FPS go together but the most important part of the equation is BB weight.
BB weight is very important, but one word... kinda: "G-Hop"

And in reference to the gas video you guys are talking about, I dont know that I've seen that specific one, but I do recal one I saw a while ago that used a special polymer regulator on CO2 and those 12g cartriges.... Found it! This is inspiring...

·
Registered
362 Posts
The gun actually comes Upgraded with steel parts, Tight bore barrel, a better hop rubber, and a NPAS Kit to adjust the gas output not just for FPS, but for gas conservation.

The RA-tech website is right here. Shows some of the upgrades:

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/rag_we/rag_we.php

And here is proof of upgrades:

EDIT: Sorry man, I thought you were talking about the EBR. Didn't know they upgraded the normal M14.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I have seen the videos and I actually found that website just before you posted haha. Does anyone know anyone that has one or used one? I would like to hear first hand accounts of there use.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
RA-tech is a GREAT company!

I have put a few of there kits in a few of the GBBR's that I have had. And now that I have found this thread...... now do I want a lathe, or one of these

DANG YOU ALL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.