Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just an Echo1 M28, teflon on the bucking and cylinder head, shimmed the hopup arm and reduced the spring to the stock spring in my old SG R700. I swear I am getting 250 shots but I could be off by just a few ft. I am hitting the tree in the back yard 8 out of 10 times and I am just estimating 250ft.

I also like to run no scope sometimes so I took the sights off my old R700 and installed em on this and I dig it. My homemade sunshade popped off at my last game so I got out some amazing goop and went to town, aint coming off no more,lol.. Will repaint a few spots soon.

Also I swear there is more green in this than what these pics show.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a faux mag "fake just for lookin pretty,lol" its a g3 mag cut down and epoxied into place. Just like the look.I believe there was something posted here someplace with Faux mag in the title.. I almost think I shoulda went slightly shorter on the mag though.. oh well,easy fix later on someday when I'm bored.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nice rifle man! For the faux mag, I would say cut it down a little and move it forward slighty so it sits perfectly under where the chamber would open on RS. It just looks a little too far back to me. Other than that the rifle looks great! Good job.

Zero

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice rifle man! For the faux mag, I would say cut it down a little and move it forward slighty so it sits perfectly under where the chamber would open on RS. It just looks a little too far back to me. Other than that the rifle looks great! Good job.

Zero
Thanks man.. and I cant go any more forward since its in the actual magwell hole they made out of metal. I also thought it looked a little far back,but thats where it has to be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's a very different look to the M28. This is probably the first faux mag M28 I've seen :tup:

250ft is a long way to hit anything with an M28. How big is the tree?

What FPS and bb's are you using if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I dont have a chrono so I cant get actual fps,and I dont drink coke,lol.. will pick up a few cans soon though.. and the tree is only about the width of a chunky guy,lmao.. but anyone who has had an m28 has also reported sickining long ranges and accuracy. I am only using 30's. I really want 40's.. I wouldnt wanna take the shot at that far in a game,dont trust it like that yet. And yeah I know 250 sounds unreal but google this rifle,you wont believe me till you see others giving about the same reports.. imagine a freaking R hop in this! Holy smokes!? Thanks for the compliment on its looks by the way. The cheek pad is a mouse pad cut into shape and used amazing goop to glue it down. That stuff is amazing.. I did try the coke can test with my socom gear R700 stock spring "I think it was a stock spring,got the rifle used" and after doing the teflon mods I got a reading between 450 and 470 and the m28 spring is harder to pull so I dont like using it cause I dont want to replace my trigger sears yet. I will go back to my weaker spring in a few days. I will coke can test it first. Infact I may try and take a vid or pic of the tree and where I shoot from. I would have called BS on this if I didnt see it myself buddy.. I was shocked!!

Here are links for other m28 owners, I can only add one at a time so it may take a few to get some up,I am on my phone.
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofiversion/index.php/t231204.html

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=1553&page=3

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided I should take a few pics tonight. I just got this suppressor on the M28 so the paint doesnt match yet but soon I plan to get out a can and go to town.

The Mb03 is my kids. Needs a little more tweaking but all in all a decent rifle so far.

The whole family.
My M28,G36 and Ak. The wifes G36c in the middle and this boys M4 and Mb03 on the right.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice,I really never cared for the G36's looks either,lol.. The ole lady got her 36c back in maybe 2006? it was just before release, I was lucky enough to still be in business back then and got it for her real cheap! She liked it and picked it out. I always thought that thing was ugly as sin man. Not quite as ugly as the Aug but still. I got mine last summer in a trade for my Cyma m14 "which I shoulda kept" But this 36 was light and my back is crap so it kinda worked,not to mention I am ambitextious and thats perfect more me. I recently got the 6 vent Classic army handguard in another trade. I guess I do a lot of trades now that I think about it,lol. I am planning a sweet conversion for it soon once a buddy of mine gets me some sheets of plastic. :tup: As for the sidearms. Yeah, they aint really worth bragging about bro. My stepsons dad got him a clear c02 pistol for maybe $40 last year and a buddy was moving away and gave me a box of parts and some cheap c02 pistol was in it. Had two mags that didnt feed, so I fixed em and lost both on the first game after. I saw one that looked like it fit, its for a c11 but I read that mag is also for this whatever it was pistol. I forget the name cause its that cheap. I never really saw much need for a pistol cause I dont like belt or vest holsters, and drop leg holsters wiggle too much for me and the pistol snagged on everything. I tend to run with my rifle only. My kid has my back with his little stubby killer. I was debating on getting the c11 mag but I am not sure I really need it. Its only $8 at Walmart for the mag.

·
Administrator
6,268 Posts
Nice collection... I personally like the G36c looks, damn I should have kept mine!

I've never had a CO2 pistol so I can't say much, I have only drop leg holsters for my pistols but I should buy a vest holster, as you said the drop leg catch everywhere and when I run they mess with my movement.

Wolf

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the looks of the drop leg holsters but yeah they arent really for me. The vest hoslters are nice but then I cant crawl without digging my pistol into the dirt or jammin my ribs,lol..

Thanks for the compliments by the way. I have been in the mood for a sweet SL8 lately so I am just about ready to build my conversion.:tup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Holsters. I love the thigh holster( is this what you guys call drop leg holster?). Anything besides a thigh/ hip holster I feel is too slow a draw time... hate crossdraw holsters. And resident evil made me love the thigh holster... I almost bought the S.T.A.R.S. m9, but it was made by WE so I left it alone...

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I agree I need a real sunshade or make a better one. This ones just pvc. I tried to find one to fit my scope but was unable to. As for the front sight, It popped off during a game cause I forgot to set a screw in it. Was just super glued on and was supposed to run a screw later but it slipped my mind and I went to a game last minute. Kinda sucks it fell off but its replacable. Thanks for the compliments guys. My piston blew out on the M28 though so its a wallhanger till I can figure out how to buy one from Cheeseman,lol.. considering selling my G36 to get the funds.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Ranger, have any issues with double feeding in the m28? Been tweaking one for a bit and it is the only set back so far. Shoots great when it doesn't misfeed and really pushes distance for being stock.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never had an double feeds though it did misfeed a lot! I have something around here with pics showing what I did. The metal magwell has a slot in the front that the slide lock on the mag slides into. My slot was way way bigger than it should and the mags werent being held into place. I took out the magwell and filled in the slot with jb weld stick and a few hours later I tried it and never misfed again. The double feed isue is more than likely the little upside down "U" shaped plastic bb stopper in the hopup. I had one wear out from the air nozzle being so sharp and it let too many bb's in when I racked the bolt. I will post some pics in a bit, I have to locate em. And yeah them suckers shoot far as hell being stock! I shimmed my hopup arm and it got even better!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.