Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Introduction

You can call me Jake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock MY HERO Not really but this is what I'm trying to accomplish as a sniper/marksman.

I don't have alot of experience in airsoft ( a few backyard games), but I have been hunting since i was six years old. My father is retired USMC so i learned all my shooting skills from him.

I have owned a few airsoft weapons but all have broken, but I'm going to be purchasing a new rifle this month for my 16th birthday. Although i am getting a new rifle, due to a tight budget I regret to inform you that i will be purchasing a UTG . Also i live in the city so i won't be using the gun that much so i don't want an expensive gun if i don't get much use from it. I know -1 for the UTG.

To put things on the positive side, I will be purchasing a "DIY" ghille suit. I haven't used one before so it will be quite the experience.

I like video games and pretty much anything that has to do with military/tactical exercises.
Also I can do a rubiks cube

I live in michigan. I live in the city currently, but i will be moving more north by summer this year(hopefully).

Mosin EDIT: Fixed it for ya' buddy :)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Welcome aboard, you'll find that this place has A LOT of information about airsoft sniping and airsoft in general. I too can relate, I live in the 2nd largest city in Michigan, something like that, so It's hard to find a place to shoot for me too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Which city would that be Spartan? I'm located in the Novi/Farmington Hills side of Oakland County, which is pretty much upper-middle class and upper class houses, however there is a big mass of them.

Anyways..

Welcome aboard Gunny, my Grandfather had done a tour of Vietnam while Carlos was on the hill, when Carlos moved out to the second hill in his story (I think hill 55?) he was two hooches down from my grandfather. Anyways, he is a good sniper yes, but please don't be one of those kids that imitates him, it's my biggest pet peeve.

Back to the topic at hand.
Welcome to the boards, most of us are located in Michigan, my advice is to check out http://www.greatlakesairsoft.com or http://www.michiganairsoft.com and check out what games are being held, I'm personally hosting an event known as The Midwest Sniper Cup. We've got dozens of companies in line to call for sponserships to bring prizes as well as raffle items for The Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Welcome aboard.

-Mosin
Airsoft Sniper Administrator

·
Registered
62 Posts

I live in sterling heights, the number is constantly growing becuase sterling heights has the biggest Iraqy population in the U.S.A. so refuges come to sterling heights. But ya I remember us being in the top 4 a while back and becuase the number is growing I assume by now we are 2nd. When I was very little I lived in Oakland county, nice place.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Actually, Oakland County (Dearborne, Walled Lake, Bloomfield Hills, Farmington Hills) are all cities with majority of Arab/Iraq/Chaldean. Right now my school is about 45% Chaldean/Arab, with 25% being white, 25% being black, and 5% other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well I live in the Detroit/Warren area so i can't even go in my backyard with a gun without getting the cops called on me.

Example:

the old lady next door found ONE bb in her backyard, so she called the cops and told them we were shooting at her dog.

Another example:

My brother bought a paintball gun for his birthday, the very next day a different person across the street found a white stain on her house. so she called the cops and told them we were shooting at her house. Come to find out....it wasn't even paint!! it was bird crap.

Yet another example:

I once had a Hardballer shotgun. I left it outside for about twenty minutes. when i came back it was gone. so i started asking people what they saw, on of my friends told me that he saw a different old lady take it, then soon after she took it she called the police. My friend tried to get it back from the police, but they said they couldn't give it back because it wasn't his and i couldn't get it back because i was under 18 years old...

·
Registered
24 Posts

Gunny said:
well I live in the Detroit/Warren area so i can't even go in my backyard with a gun without getting the cops called on me.

Example:

the old lady next door found ONE bb in her backyard, so she called the cops and told them we were shooting at her dog.

Another example:

My brother bought a paintball gun for his birthday, the very next day a different person across the street found a white stain on her house. so she called the cops and told them we were shooting at her house. Come to find out....it wasn't even paint!! it was bird crap.

Yet another example:

I once had a Hardballer shotgun. I left it outside for about twenty minutes. when i came back it was gone. so i started asking people what they saw, on of my friends told me that he saw a different old lady take it, then soon after she took it she called the police. My friend tried to get it back from the police, but they said they couldn't give it back because it wasn't his and i couldn't get it back because i was under 18 years old...
And that is why I hate the city I live in the country and I can go outside in my backyard and shoot. It's so nice being able to just go out side and shoot my 12 gauge and/or airsoft guns without having to worry about getting in trouble. :)

oh and welcome to the boards ;)

Cromag

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Sounds like you might as well live over here in England mate, carrying anything that even looks like a gun can get you shot by the police here, a couple of years ago a guy was shot dead because he was using a table leg as if he was carrying a shot gun, and since we've had this stupid VCR Bill passed as law, an 8 year old boy was caught with an

·
Registered
62 Posts

Mosin said:
Actually, Oakland County (Dearborne, Walled Lake, Bloomfield Hills, Farmington Hills) are all cities with majority of Arab/Iraq/Chaldean. Right now my school is about 45% Chaldean/Arab, with 25% being white, 25% being black, and 5% other.
I know that Dearborn does have a huge Muslim population. But ya a lot of the kids in my school are Chaldean and Albanian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.