Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forum. I've read many instructive threads and appreciate the professional atmosphere maintained by mods and members.

I've been reading about VSR-10 upgrades and thought it silly to buy a gun only to replace all the parts (if one has the funds to upgrade immediately). I agree with the sentiment of one forum member who recommended buying all the internal parts from a high quality manufacturer and installing them in the sniper's stock of preference.

I have a few questions:
1. Can you recommend a few real steel sniper stocks?
2. How difficult would it likely be to install VSR-10 upgraded internals in a real steel stock?
3. Does anyone have any experience with or opinions regarding the "Ultimate Sniper Stock" found at this website: http://www.riflestock.com/
4. Does anyone have any idea how to get the following stock ala carte? http://www.auroratactical.com/product.php?productid=16288&cat=272&page=1
5. What is your experience with folding stocks?

My thanks in advance, and thank you for maintaining such a polished forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not hard. I have some experience with real steal mosing nagant stock adoptions to vsr-10. So what I did with my friend was I removed the barrel, the bolt figuration and the bolt frame. Then, with the dremel, I sanded some wood away that the vsr parts would fit. Then we modified trigger guard and the "magazine".

With fiberglass stocks its Even easier. Just mind the steel skeleton, which some stocks have. If you mess something up, just fix it with some more fiberglass and start over. When the internals hole is large enough to fit the airsoft parts place some clear plastic over the airsoft metal parts, make some fiberglass paste (do not use the fiberglass mat, use the little grains) and cover the inside with it. Place the airsoft parts inside and let the paste dry. Now you have made some sort of poor mans bolt frame Bedding.

This would be how I would make it. I have some experiments with fiberglass and alot of experiment with wood. Not claiming my way is the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eventhough you intend to build your rifle from scratch, it might be a good idea to buy the base as well. Reason being, there are a bunch of little screws and some parts that don't come with the upgrades and may be hard to find otherwise.
Have fun with your project.

Chaotic

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
1/ M24, M40A1/3, AICS.....and on, and on..... ::)

2/ It really all depends on the stock you choose. :-/

3/ I made something that looked similar to that years ago, only picture I can find of it now, taken about 6 years ago, it has CA M24 workings, suit is version 3 stalker based on a poncho ;)

4/ Try Accuracy International directly. :)

5/ My G36 has got 1 :-/ In airsoft there pointless, they are only to allow easier movement/storage within confined spaces, and unless you are planning on doing alot of jumping in and out of APCs during your airsofting career or your carry/drag bag isn't big enough to take the rifle, then its for looks only ;)

If your going to buy real steel then make sure its something you cant already get in airsoft, like evilfishs Mosin, my mates Lee Enfield T4 etc, otherwise your just waisting your time. I used to make my own stocks, which is also more satisfying as you know its the only 1 in existence. If you want something that is already available in airsoft but not able to take a VSR/BAR receiver, just buy a knackered version of what you want, transferring the receiver over will probably be easier than doing a RS stock. I currently have a VSR in a Warrior L96 stock and it also fits into a CA M24 stock, both are really easy only taking a couple of hours apiece

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers, guys. Looks like I'll end up with a stock VSR-10 and slowly upgrade, as the stock and internals I want are a wee bit expensive. It's nice to dream, though. All things in good time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.