Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guy's, I want to ask if are there people who was be interested in POLYMER SET for Real Sword or CYMA SVD AEG. I am working on it last few weeks and thinking about reproducing it.

It is completely 3D modeled by me, so it's no remake of the real one but it's very close to it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice. I'd add a cost indication if I were you though, because real steel polymer furniture can also be used (although hard to find).

I find the wood too nice to replace though. It's so well done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They do look rather nice. Too bad that I don't have a RS or Cyma SVD...
I guess you don't have a version for the WE gbbr svd?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice. I'd add a cost indication if I were you though, because real steel polymer furniture can also be used (although hard to find).

I find the wood too nice to replace though. It's so well done.
I dont know how much it will cost for now , but when I will have all needed materials it will be here.

To REAL STEEL POLYMER FURNITURE :

Not that hard to find :) Its harder to install them. Real steel furniture has angled pistol grip and narrow shape. So there is lot of problems with installing them to AEG SVD. I tried it. Was easier to make it from sketch.

I also like the wood furniture. But this gives whole new feel :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do look rather nice. Too bad that I don't have a RS or Cyma SVD...
I guess you don't have a version for the WE gbbr svd?
If you show me how is butt-stock attached to the gun and add some measurements , it shouldn't be hard to port it to GBB version.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm very interested in your polymer stock set

I've been looking for a way to fit the late svd polymer stocks on my RS svd but as you said, it's angled and very thin lol ended up putting it on a we tech svd which looks great but doesn't shoot nearly as good as my real sword. Anyways, give me a price on your 3d stock set, and we can go from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have anything to measure with at the moment and I'm going to be away from home for a few days. Heading up to Dreamhack here in Sweden :) But I will try to have some measurements for you around Wednesday or Friday next week. PsykoKlown811 might be able to help with that since he seem to have one as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally I prefer the regular wood grips but that's a good alternative.
Keep in mind many RS SVD users have broken stocks so there's for sure some interest.
Hit the nail on the head for me. Replacement stocks are about the only thing you can't get for the RealSwords, so you'll have a steady market for them every time someone breaks their existing stock. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and it's a shame to throw away a $600 gun over $50 worth of plywood...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm sorry, I've been away for longer than planned and I also forgot that a teammate of mine is borrowing my SVD for a game this weekend...
Hoping to have them done early next week though.

Reactions: PsykoKlown811

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Those are very nice you should wood stain it for the people who prefer that.
.... I don't think you know what polymer is, do you? Because if you did, you would know wood stain does nothing to polymer.

If he was making wooden ones then that would be different.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.