Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Doesn't such sleeve add more friction compared to two separate narrow glide rings? I mean such sleeve has more contact surface.. Of course standard glide rings suck. Mine BAR10 even scratched teflon cylinder. But decent material glide rings look superior.
i think its more like if you tried to drag your friend around by his ankle. then put your friend on a sled and drag him around. the sled does have more contact area but will slide easier.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Because standard rings just sucks! lol
If you check them they have an inner diameter too large for the cylinder, and they are made of some kind of shitty plastic.

I haven't the possibility to work with nylon or other materials atm, so I just made the sleeve out of a material I can work with.

I would say a rigid teflon tubing would work way better IMO, but it's really hard to work if you don't have the right tools and machinery.
What are you talking about with teflon tubing? the teflon coated cylinders are still made of steel. They make the rings out of delrin/aceatal because its the best plastic for reducing friction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.