Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Well I have my bar10 up and running. But the one thing that I did notice was that one of the two inner spacers is missing. So now I am on the hunt for a new one, or even a new set.

They are those two small white plastic rings that keep the cylinder centered inside of the receiver. I have the one in the rear of the receiver, but not the one on the barrel side.

So I was hoping that you guys would be able to help me track a set down. Or if anyone has any laying around that they could lemme have or purchase or what not.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I re-made out of plastic card the first time I did it, bloody hard work I can tell you, but the results were acceptable, then I read noobies mods a couple of months ago, as someone over here posted a link to it on one of our forums, so my new ones are made out of a camara film case ;)

They hold the cylinder for more of its length which stops it flopping around like a cock in a sock, but this inturn increases friction, so cycling the bolt has been a PITA until reasently, I'm guessing its started to break in now :)

Be warned though, finding one can be hard in these digital times :-/

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I just saw that on my post over on ASF...

I am sure I can find some around the house. If not should be able to hit up walmart or something of the like to get some.

Would be nice to get a full reciever seal.

*edit *

Well I was able to find a few canisters at my house. I am sure glad that the wife is big into photography stuff. I was able to get one cut and set up for the rear of the reciever and all I can say is wow! What a difference!!

This is really something that everyone should do.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well I got both ends in and wow... Very nice.

Things are a little snug, but it is a smooth snug. Will have to see about sanding them down a little bit and getting some lube on her.

Would be nice to have a delrin sleeve inside of the reciever.

Wish I still had my lathe... would try and make a half and half reciever. Make for a real smooth bolt pull.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I used silicon oil rather than grease for the first couple of events, but it does ware off fairly quickly, so I used to give it a couple of squirts every game,

I moved back up to grease now though ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one thing that I did find to use is......

Those tubes that you can get for your gold clubs. They are divider tubes to keep your clubs from hitting eachother. They are the same size as the film tubes, but they are like 3 feet long.

So I am thinking about trying and sand down the reciever and see if I can't make a full length sleeve for the rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.