Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this would be the first time to buy a hi-capa, and I don't know anything about them, and I need some recommendation on what to do and what not to do (which upgrades are vital and which are unnecessary) and if you know anything about the src / kli brand, which is the hi capa that I intend to buy

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you're think of src, I suppose you're on a budget. One advise, don't. A broken slide will set you back at least 50 bucks. Broken trigger parts will cost more and are hard to hunt down good parts.
If you're looking for performance, get the TM, replace the blowback housing with an aluminium one (CNC ones around 20-30, cheapest is Guarder, cast aluminium). Add some short stroke and you'll have the best cycle in the sub 200 bucks region. Replace the trigger parts as they worn out with time.
Or, swallow your pride and get the SSP1, it's the only out of the box hicapa with full steel trigger group afaik, if somebody knows another with similar price please let me know because I'm looking for alternatives. Replace the slide and blowback housing for lighter ones down the line if you feel like it.
Do not waste money on ML chambers, I-key nor bucking. Modify x-range bucking is absolute the best for GBB/GBBR so do get that. Tight bore barrel if you want a bit more power.
Use bb as heavy as you can afford, always use same weight bb so you can bend the hop up arm to counter the tilt it gets when pressed against the bucking, so the hop pressure is even.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You right!, im a budget (my wife you know..xd), so where I live, any replacement or upgrades are close to zero!, I cant purchase anything overseas cuz the damn covid and I wanted a hi capa, so this is my only and I mean the only option!, and I know you guys maybe pass arround those kind of brands and go straight to TM, kjw or WE, and as a matter of fact I already purchase the SRC, and I hope it will survive with dignity, and as soon its arrives I will make a review of it

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's not I'm not into cheap stuff, but when it comes out more expensive in a few month with parts breaking it's not worth it. Army Armament hicapa are okish and also cheap and duo to the popular John Wick model you can actually find some parts for it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The SSP1 might be a good choice if your budget can extend up to $145+whatever shipping is. It ships from Vienna, Austria and Pennsylvania, USA depending on what website you buy from. They have a EU and a US one. I have a friend who has one and he says it is great. I don't really know any other pistols that are in a good price range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.