Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
furrycowthingy said:
Just be a l33t sniperz and don't use your eye protection

Just kidding, on a more serious note. I would recommend you checking out some ANCI rated mesh goggles.
Thing about mesh thought: The BB could shatter when it hits, send fragments into you eyes, but if you were wearing glasses under them, you should be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mgunner said:
furrycowthingy said:
Just be a l33t sniperz and don't use your eye protection

Just kidding, on a more serious note. I would recommend you checking out some ANCI rated mesh goggles.
Thing about mesh thought: The BB could shatter when it hits, send fragments into you eyes, but if you were wearing glasses under them, you should be fine.
I've thought about using mesh before, and I don't wear those black rimmed hipster glasses like everyone else, so mine should fit fine. BB shattering is only an issue with low quality BBs right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Usually glasses have an anti-glare coating. I really wouldn't be too worried about it. I mean, they are under your goggles, not that high of a chance your going to get any glare. I airsoft with glasses on all the time, and not once has any other team spotted me because of my glasses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm going to assume you're using a ghillie since we're in the concealment section here...

I have sheets of nylon mesh similar to this and it cuts glare significantly if I drape it over my goggles.

Maybe you could cut a goggle-like shape out of some mesh and fasten to your goggles.

You could also try getting a little bit more shade over your goggles so less light reflects off them too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If the mesh goggles aren't an option you could lay mesh over your goggles and attach it somehow? Maybe use gorilla glue or JB weld onto a cheap pair to see if it works. If that works I wouldn't see a problem with putting some on a good pair.

It wouldn't be perfect but the minute amount of glare shown with goggles would drop to no glare at all with it on there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.