Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Tanaka M40A1

For complete guides on my upgrades and more pictures, visit:
Reezo's Hideout

More info on the gun:
[Tanaka M40A1 Resources on Reezo's Hideout]

The rifle has reached a full-steel status in upgrades and features the following:

1. Externals / Structural
- Dark Earth/Foliage custom paint job
- Guarder Mil-Dot 3-9x40 Illuminated Scope
- King Arms Spring Eject Bipod
- Guarder Cordura Cheek Pad
- PCS pre ban bolt

2. Internals (Commercial Upgrades)
- Prometheus 555mm 6.03 tight bore barrel (VSR cut)
- King Arms VSR hop up chamber conversion
- King Arms power nozzle (unrestricted)
- King Arms reinforced striker spring
- G&G steel cocking piece
- G&G aluminum hop up set (Part 91)
- King Arms steel impact plate (on long magazine)
- G&G power set (on stock magazine)
- G&G steel valve knocker
- G&G rubber set
- G&G reinforced magazine valve spring (on long magazine)

3. Internals (DIY Upgrades)
- Custom made rubber barrel spacers
- Part 91 optimization
- Trigger plate optimization

4. External Air Rig
- V-PAS ("Viper Precision Air Rig") dual-regulated air rig (accepts CO2 or HPA)
- Tapped long magazine

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuzzywolly said:
Like I said in your intro thread, I really like it. Although, some wear and tear would make it even better.
Eheh true! For once I don't fear of wears and tears in something I care a lot about :) sometimes I get too picky on keeping things in perfect shape.. eheh

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it does. It is a PCS preban version, for some reason the store had it sitting there from the preban days, I suppose.

I disassembled the rifle, gaff taped the parts I did not want to get painted, hanged the pieces and used Sniper.Mk Flat Dark Earth, all the way.

I then waited for the paint to dry and assembled the rifle back. Then used Sniper.Mk Foliage Green flat paint in four diagonal, simple strokes: on the butt, on the handle, on the body+scope and on the barrel (close to the end).

Depending on the light you might see the green shades or not..they are kinda subtle but I did not want bright or shocking colors on it, for obvious smoothness purposes :)

I guess we guys share the same paint tastes, I also love the M40A1 plain and simple. It is both an aggressive, classic and noble rifle to look at, it is not high tech neither is it outdated..it is just timeless elegant I suppose :)

Three more pictures from today's trip:

---

---

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True, I can picture that!

Here is my new open nozzle, no restrictor (drilled it out manually..be careful to go squared on it if you do!).

Now, coupled with the PCS bolt, this IS a 100% preban version.

It will serve me well until I get the King Arms Chamber Conversion to fit VSR barrels (6.01..dreaming).

I could work my way to smooth the nozzle conduit by hand, using paper or a metal file tool (circular one) but I won't be hunting for a file now.. I can clearly see the nozzle is way open so I am ok..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The G&G aluminum hop up set (chamber) arrived today from Fire Support UK.

My original, plastic Part 91 (that is what it is called) has multiple tears scattered everywhere on it..I will make sure I post a picture of it so you can see how it was really falling apart.

The rifle worked anyway, because the tears are just minor and the entire piece still holds and stays together..but it is just a matter of time before it shatters completely..luckily I will replace it asap.

Sharing my childish excitement:

---

---

---

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Why didn't you get the Creation chamber? It has the theads on it for the barrel nut. My only "problem" with the creation chamber was that the pins for the receiver went it very very tight other than that I'm very happy with it.

Wolf

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes the Creation Steel chamber is an excellent component but I could not find any at the time of the order and I was in a hurry since Part 91 was literally falling apart: it has multiple lacerations, half-inch (around 1cm) long..

Most of the stores had the G&G aluminum part out of stock, too..so when I found it on Fire Support Ltd I ordered it without hesitation.

I might still get a Creation Steel Chamber in the future, maybe used if someone has a spare!

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
I have one installed in my AICS and it's great the M700 police also has the part 91 broken but I plan to install the G&G heavy barrel to it and the barrel comes with the G&G chamber!! So it a good upgrade.. The only problem is the weight, I want to have a couple of light guns cause almost all the sniper rifles I have weighs over 6kg !!

Wolf

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.