Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hpa regulators

I searched youtube and the internet for Hpa regulators tests, But havent found one that answered my questions to my satiesfaction.

all newer regs Seem to claim higher refresh rate.
All Well and Good, But as a pistol player on semi, or as a sniper(mancraft bar10) is High refresh that important? How does fast refreshrate correlate with psi consistency?

How consistent is a redline firebase? Polarstar reg, ninja?
Is some regs better for High/low psi, low or Big volume?

The difference in consistency between the old and cheap arx20 that i have used for last 4-5 years and the newer more High end regulators?

What regulator would be Best for a Hpa tapped gbb pistol?

Sorry for the silly amount of questions!

Best regards

Gl

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Its more beneficial to full auto, but its nice to have all around. Though it wont make much of a difference in a bolt action as the time between shots is pretty long.

The higher the refresh rate the better your regulator handles the drop of output pressure. On full auto you can watch your PSI gauge on the regulator move. The less it moves, the better.

With a semi pistol its a bit situational. If your not heavy on the trigger, then you will be fine with a normal reg.

Realistically there is no reason not to get one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for Your fast answer.

Ok so in your oppinion, the arx 20 that i have 3 of, shoudnt be the item that “holds back” my consistency? My tapped hicapa and arx varies between 289 to 295fps. And would like to lower the Fps variance if possible.

Best regards
Gl

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of the ARX20 regs. While they work, they are basic hobby grade air compressor regulators and not really designed for what we use them for.

Moving to a more "application designed" reg like any of the mentioned should benefit you and tighten your consistency. (never know, could have bad luck and get a lemon)

Considering I can get those regs for $6 bucks new, built from casted parts and plastic, I am not expecting super consistency out of them anyway.

Though that range of variance is impressive considering.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6 bucks, holly cow... i cant get Them for that in my part of the world, But yes i Know they are repurposed industriel design.

Yeah they have worked flawlessly for me for many years and I am happy with Them, But if i Can tighten it up a bit, Im Going that route for sure.

I Will have to borrow my mates redline an test that out a bit.

Thx

Gl

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha Nice, But it is making my behind hurt a bit owning 3, and having bought Them through airsoft vendors :doh:, But Hey everybody gotta make a Living and if no support to the vendors no airsoft so its all Good.

I have an airrig with Dual arx20 regs mounted to the tank, so i Can run rifle and pistol on different pressures.
Is there a Reason i shoudnt just change one of those arx20 to a purpose designed reg and leave the second arx on on the rig? Pretty expensive to change both regs and i dont need Dual regs more than once a month.

Gl

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had/have several Regulators in use. Redline FSR, Polarstar MSR, Wolverine Storm HP, Ninja LPR v2.
Out of all of them the Redline FSR had a slim edge on fps consistency while MSR and Storm come in a nicer form factor. I wouldnt buy the Ninja again as its not fully maintainable. Support from Redline & Polarstar was outstanding when i needed parts. Polarstar MSR is limited to 145PSI, Storm HP 200 PSI and Redline FSR comes at 145PSI max but can be upgraded to 200PSI.
Friend of mine uses a Mancraft Reg (early 2017 Version) he is is happy with it allthough there are some comments around the net about underperforming in fast semi auto shooting. So maybe its a QC issues and you can hit or miss with them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am just a mere acolyte here for HPA regulators.

I stumbled into a GBBR SVD shooting 570 FPS plus a nice CO2 upgrade kit for my M82 Bolt Action, and considering how easy it is to put that onto HPA, or in my case, ideally regulated CO2... I was just looking for a cheap, small form factor reg.

M82 I had wanted to go in stock, and hopefully use up to a 90g CO2 system.

I get supposedly 0-300 PSI, they're 3000 psi ready, and mine were about $14 each with shipping.

They're almost small enough but look like they are what I needed.

I'm sure it will be what I need for the GBBR to dial it back since its about 20fps too hot, but I'm really curious about the consistency for the bolt action too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to chime in to an old thread. Palmers paintball in Sacramento, CA have been making regulators for over 30+ years. Outstanding quality and super easy to rebuild or service. for in stock 12g regs the "12 gram parallel Stabilizer Co2 Air Pneumatic Regulator" is outstanding or even the Bolder reg with a 12g cart attached. https://palmerspursuit.com/collections/airsoft-regulators-hose-assemblies?page=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.