Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a sniper, but I also travel to some CQB areas around the county. This means that when I play out in the field I use a ghillie, but when in CQB there is no need for one. I don't want to spend anther 8o bucks buying new BDU's just for CQB. I was wondering If any of you had Ideas about making a ghillie that does not attach to a BDU. All that it would require to put on was to slip over your head and use elastic strings to secure it. I was wondering...have any of you don it before??

Thanks,
Shooter

·
Registered
37 Posts
I run a Shawl tat covers my Head, Shoulders and Back. It's attached by taking my MBSS Hydration Carrier and using the buckles to loop a few squares of netting then secured. The idea is really nice because it leaves is feather light so you can still be very mobile, but with all the coverage you need to veg up and stay hidden prone.

It's essentially this ( http://www.ghilliesuitclothing.com/products/Lightweight-Ghillie-Poncho-Stalker.html ) but with no arms. I could provide you with some instruction if the idea sems right for you.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Try the Web Tex concealment vest. It is like a jacket that has elastic straps that can attach veg. Just wear this over your BDU's and take it off when you do not need it.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Shooter8191 said:
^^I did look into that vest, but I want juste as well.
I found a good way to make one, thanks for the help guys, it's really appreciated
Care to share with us, always open to new ideas, and this will help others with the same question you had. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
***THIS IS ALL EXPERIMENTAL***STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS***

I have got a mesh, not netted that was light, kinda like.... um..... any very tiny holed fabric. when I mean small I mean like a needle is the biggest thing that can fit through it.

Then I measured it around my head,cut a hole then made cuts to the length that I wanted. For the arms, I put the netting over my head and wrapped the fabric around my wrist to get a good sleeve size. From there I place elastic straps on wrist areas, so that when you slide over it works like a sweatband, and stays in place. For all other parts like my back, I have bought industrial strength snaps from a local fabric store.

My plan is simple from there. With the help of my grandma,
, we will sew the elastic straps and the snaps onto the BDU and the Mesh. From there we will sew on the 1 inch netting. Once the netting is on, I plan to get some burlap, jute, and twine, and begin to string it through the netting, like a normal ghillie.

When it is all done, it should be able to slip off my wrists, then snaps in the back will be pulled off to remove the ghillie from my back .

***DESIGN***

To stop the awkwardness of it being attached to the back, I plan to make it so that it drapes like a cape once it get down to a little below my waist, to keep movement in tact.

There will also be a built in hood, which is just like any other jacket hood, it will be sewed on separately, but it will still be able to go over all hats.

Thats it for now. I hope it will turn out great. I will try and post pictures up when I can get my camera to work.

Hopes this helps,
~Shooter

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
classic said:
I run a Shawl tat covers my Head, Shoulders and Back. It's attached by taking my MBSS Hydration Carrier and using the buckles to loop a few squares of netting then secured. The idea is really nice because it leaves is feather light so you can still be very mobile, but with all the coverage you need to veg up and stay hidden prone.

It's essentially this ( http://www.ghilliesuitclothing.com/products/Lightweight-Ghillie-Poncho-Stalker.html ) but with no arms. I could provide you with some instruction if the idea sems right for you.
Almost Exactly Like It!!!

G

·
Just like Awagg said, I have seen some with snaps and even little shirt buttons. Although, I would think that the shirt buttons would be kind of time consuming to put on and take off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.