Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tanaka breakdown a couple of weeks ago and bought me a long mag off of evike.

Now, I just got the long mag, I pop open the bottom cover and this is what I see:

I have NEVER seen a 1 cylinder mag, and I'm not sure what to think about this o_O This has nearly squashed my plans for the rig I was thinking of(though now I may be able to actually put the regulator IN the mag), I originally wanted to save the propane valve so that I had the backup. Has anyone ever seen one of these before, are they new mags from the factory, or did I get something weird here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, feel better about it now. Though it still fits a little odd in my m700 mag well, the sides of the mag bulge out a bit, and the mag moves up and down(I had shimmed it for my short mag, but this apparently needs MORE shimming)

I'm thinking I can use the body of the magazine to hide the fittings in by tapping at the area where the other cylinder would connect, just to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I'm having the opposite problem with regard to the shimming. Them mag actually binds up left to right, the outer casing is bowed a bit in the center. It's got movement in the up-down, forward-back directions, I actually had to remove the shims I had in the magwell for my short mag. I did "rebuild" the mag catch with JB-weld, and I left it a deal larger than normal, but this worked perfectly with my short mag, this may need to be re-modified.

2 more questions I have:

You have what I assume to be the King Arms upgrade nozzle. I have the stock nozzle and hop(stuck with it, its breakdown), and I notice that yours juts out around 3/4ths of a centimeter, whereas my stock one is recessed about a quarter of a centimeter. Would moving that forward substantially improve the air-seal, or is this mainly needed with the nonstandard hop/nozzle sets.

Also, on the slide checks, do the male ends have some kind of pressure hold on them? On air compressor fittings they do not have a way of holding in the pressure on their end of the line, and I'm trying to figure out a good way of keeping a seal in the mag so I can still use the gas port if I run out of CO2 caplets or something.

Edit: have another strange problem with the new mag, it's expending a much greater amount of gas than is needed. The first 3 shots come out extremely hot, and then it's extremely underpowered, didn't have this problem with the standard mag. I'm not sure if the striker is holding too long or what, at the moment, but could this be a problem with the mag sitting to far back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thunter124 said:
2 more questions I have:

You have what I assume to be the King Arms upgrade nozzle. I have the stock nozzle and hop(stuck with it, its breakdown), and I notice that yours juts out around 3/4ths of a centimeter, whereas my stock one is recessed about a quarter of a centimeter. Would moving that forward substantially improve the air-seal, or is this mainly needed with the nonstandard hop/nozzle sets.

Also, on the slide checks, do the male ends have some kind of pressure hold on them? On air compressor fittings they do not have a way of holding in the pressure on their end of the line?
I would still like an answer to these two questions, but I have finally have enough spare cash to go about actually building my C02 regulator set up.

This was my original idea for a hidden qd fitting, which I have since scrapped, and now this is what I am hoping to do:

After seeing this post on airsoft forums where a guy drilled out the stock in order to house an entire HPA tank, I think It can be fairly easy to fit a smaller co2 rig without much fuss. I'll start with making a micarta composite "patch" that will be formed over and I can then snap to the stock after all the parts are in, to give it a clean finish. And instead of running the line out of some hole in the side, drilling a hole at an angle up through the handle and then back into the regulator housing(I can make this part work)

The parts I am fairly certain I am buying:
Co2 caplet adaptor
FIll adapter
Regulator(its going to be hidden so I don't mind that its blue, its also about half the price of other ones, and has free shipping, one question I have is weather or not the OUT is 1/8th fittings)
and these fittings

In the order from the mag> 1/8 elbow > qd fitting > 1/8 - push fit > 1/4 macro line > push fit - 1/8 elbow > reg > 1/8 elbow > 1/8 extension > fill adapter > caplet holder

Is there anything that looks out of order here? or do I pretty much have it all down (edit:went ahead and bought all of the ebay items, they were best prices and pretty much what I needed, question still stands on fittings)

Also: does anyone have any experience with gutting a tanaka stock?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm not sure on the layout of the stock as I haven't got one but could you run the line along the inside of the stock past the trigger-box and have it stick out of the magwell. Also look at drilling and tapping into the side of the magazine if you do that as it turned out very nicely on my AICS but I have a feeling I had a lot more room in my stock than on the 700 stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thunter124 said:
Well, the m700 type does not have enough magwell to put a fitting in, or enough body to run any kind of hose through except at the stock. Aside from that, I could see pulling the line out to either side to get in the way of my grip, the line running out of just the bottom of the grip will let my hand rest comfortably and leave the hose well out of the way. And I had wished to preserve the fill valve in some way so I could use gas in the mag, but when I started testing with the rifle, the mag had such terrible shot efficiency at workable fps(MAJOR drop after 6 shots), I have just decided to keep the short mag as my backup gas mag and keep my long mag my co2 mag.
Got in "all" the parts for the rig today

all is in order except for this and this. The male to female extension was SUPPOSED to be a 1/8 to 1/8, but its a 1/8 to I-dont-even-know(going to call palmers pursuit about that tomorrow) and the output hole on the regulator is a 10-32 hole, compared to the 1/8, so I'm either going to re-drill and tap it, or do a bit a finagling with 10-32 fittings.

Would yall recomend a redrill on the regulator, or would it be better to get a 10-32 angle bracket and a 10-32 to 1/4 pressure fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.