Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I have recently talked to a buyer of mine who has a rifle that I sold him about a month ago. He wants to return it because he has lost intrerest in it rather then there being anything non-functional/broken about. This irritates me somewhat (because he has had it for a while) and I'd like to know what you all think. I would rather not have it returned but is that immoral?

Please leave any feedback you think relevant.
-Thx

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You should make a policy about returns. It is up to you if you accept returns or not. But in my opinion if someone wants to return it just because they got bored of it, then they shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I wouldn't let them return it, or at least not for a refund. If he wants to return it then by all means let him, but don't give the money back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
UK 7 days. Depends on the law where you are. Morally? You don't have to accept anything back (beyond what you legally must).

Just because I get bored of a car after a month can I get a full refund? No of course not...

Its slightly different if its a friend but I would then say its very cheeky to ask that of you.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I think even after a few days I wouldnt take it back. Unless something was wrong with it, its his. Like Juggler said, refund no. MAYBE a trade in with depreciated value cause its used. One month,three months... Its all the same for the most part, its a used rifle and you would have to take a loss or break even. Its not your problem. If you sold him a bolt rifle (as I assume) he got bored with it cause its not Rambo enough for him,lol... Maybe give him 50% or 65% trade in value on in store credit, but thats if someone wants to be a super swell guy which most businesses dont feel that way and I am sort of iffy on it myself. If you were to do that I would suggest him sending it in for inspections before you figure on trade in value. Most any of us here would be more than happy to help you. If you get the rifle back, take it all apart and take pics for us to see and we can help find anything wrong with the item. He may have tampered with it so take pics! look for any gnarled up spots where he may have loosened up bolts, screws or cylinder heads "if its a bolt rifle" He could have needed a part for another rifle and swapped parts for ya,lol.. If you are not a tech or tech savy we can easily see whats messed with cause most of us here have taken down our rifles 10-20 times or so. We can also assist in finding the used value on the rifle.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If you are not a tech or tech savy we can easily see whats messed with cause most of us here have taken down our rifles 10-20 times or so.
10-20? Try quadrupling that then add a bunch more. I constantly tear my gun apart to tune specific parts and modify it.

Anywho, like i said before, it is up to you if you even accept returns at all.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
10-20? Try quadrupling that then add a bunch more. I constantly tear my gun apart to tune specific parts and modify it.
that would be the "or so" lol..

I know that when working on a hopup I probably have to open the rifle like 4 times. If not. More! Today I get to open mine up to shim my hop arm. And then see if its right. Then in a day or whenever I feel like it, I get to open it up more so I can install my new R hop patch. From what I read, that could take 5 or more tries to get right. So yeah,, we open our rifles a lot!! Hahahaha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all,
So I have recently talked to a buyer of mine who has a rifle that I sold him about a month ago. He wants to return it because he has lost interest in it rather then there being anything non-functional/broken about...
The gun is his property to sell, use or throw in the trash. Some stores can afford to absorb a loss (Home Depot) since they can write it off. A (I presume) small shop can't afford to do that. Besides, you worked hard to get his money in the first place.

10-20? Try quadrupling that then add a bunch more. I constantly tear my gun apart to tune specific parts and modify it...
Have you seen my work-bench?? I'll tear down a gun to tune or experiment or just because at lease that many times in a week!!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Right on, what Richs said..

I havent seen your work bench though. And I dont have one here at the new house. I had my own office at our old place. I am hoping to setup something soon though. Maybe in the basement after we finish sealing the walls or maybe outside in a shed. Right now my bench is my lap on the couch or the coffee table in the living room (which the ole lady hates) lol..

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've basically claimed the basement as mine and I have half finished experiments (don't ask) lying around all over the place. I know I should clean up but I have been procrastinating for the past two years. I have a crapload of miscelaneous airsoft stuff littering the floor LOL.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Everyone knows I pretty much own the basement and out of a family of five I am the only one who has gone down there in the past year and a half. Heck I could manufacture drugs down there and no one would know haha.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
In our old house I took over part of the basement too. I had my office with the bench and computer etc.. the basement had a coal room so that was the test shooting area and paint room. It was a 6 bedroom house 2 bath rooms and zero yard! Shared driveway.. now we have 3 acres of open land, and 3 bedrooms.. I wish we could take the old house and drop it off over here,lol

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The only Things Besides metal shelves I have in my basement are a woode work benchh and some foam tiles on the concrete floor. My backyard is only 90 feet long which makes it hard to do accuracy tests because I have to sneak the rifle out the forest behind the highschool on my bike. I could probably go to a gun range but I don't want to have to pay to find the accuracy of my rifle and it would look a little strange shooting an airsoft gun amidst all those real steel guns.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Yeah that would get a few people looking at ya funny huh,lol.. I cant test mine out here either.. Our propery it 300ft x350ft and its all open land around us so the wind is ALWAYS an issue.. Feels nice having the breeze but as far as shooting, not a good thing! I am thinking about going to our local park and trying to test me and the kids rifles. I hope they wont freak! Would have orange tips and targets but still may raise some concerns. Its a dinky little town but still, may not be a great idea. I dont like having to drive an hour to a game and spend half the game working on my rifle,lol..

We should stop hyjacking dudes topic though before we get into trouble,lol...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.