Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had a problem with my gun being black and giving me away and I had the stock airbrushed by one of my friends but I am still wondering if there is a better pattern to put on it. Or would a gillie covering be best

· Registered
140 Posts
Man… I just spray and pray with spray paint, trying to match the colors of wherever I’m playing. White is surprisingly useful, actually, as when the sun is bright, tan, dead grass and such does look while.

· Registered
6 Posts
Don't paint it, that's so old school and messy, also can get expensive.

Your ,much better off getting camo form multicam protective wrap.
if your not happy with it after awhile you can simply take it off and change it to something else.

It beats painting any day of the week.

if using multicam, it's actually good to paint the outer barrel and receiver in drab green even the bolt, but wrap the stock.

· Registered
451 Posts
I make rifle rags (you call them a ghillie cover - both the same) to cover my guns. They are foam-lined (for protection but also to cut down on airborne and vibrational noise) and are covered with foliage loops to add natural vegetation OR if I am feeling lazy cover them in sniper tape and colour that with camo cream or paint. It provides a solid base you can peel off leaving a clean gun behind.......OR sometimes use Realtree camo tape.

BUT

They are all just a base. Regardless of which base I use, they are then covered in Haloscreen and Nanoscreen, or Jute, or Rafia, old scrim scarves, old towels......whatever you have laying around that will add suitable texture for the season and environment.

· Registered
451 Posts
Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Wood Urban design

That's my old APS96 covered with camo tape and then coloured (and a shooting sling with a cuff made by a good friend of mine) to give you an idea of that method. Was taught to me by a guy who had done the sniper thing for real, it absolutely works. I used elastic bands and hair ties to allow me to attach foliage, but overall I prefer my rifle rag/ghillie cover as it provides more advantages.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
My father and I put some sort of camo tape stuff on our .22s for extra camo when sneaking up on crows in our corn fields, and after years we came to regret it. The stuff melted the varnish on his gun and on both of our guns the stuff sorta melted and got all sticky and gross. Can't remember the brand, but I'd recommend more of a hockey tape or cloth thing as this was similar to a medical wrap. Where I play camo isn't very important as you can just lie down and hide under branches, ferns, and grass, and most of the people have the sight of a cave organism if you're wearing a color vaguely similar to your surroundings. Depends on where you are tho, gun camo may be important.

Also check out the Novritsch skins, they look pretty good.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I wish I could have that convenience. I play where there is very few places that give any opportunities for a sniper to operate effectively unless you want to shoot some one at like 15 yards so camo is definitely something I need

· Registered
451 Posts
That does sound like a difficult site to play at. Whereabouts do you play? There are nearly always methods to operate, even if it means staying away from weapons with a MED. I had a mate who used a silenced AEG exclusively (with a ghillie suit and rifle rag) and he used extreme stealth. He could tag people at 50 or 60m, right down to point blank.......most of the time an AEG is king.....something worth considering :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts