Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been gone for most of the summer and I have not posted anything in a while, so here I go. My hop-up on my l96 broke so I was looking into other rifles. I came across gas rifles and I have always been interested in them. I am going to list three gas rifles off Evike and through experience and knowledge I would like to know which one would be the best for my money. I don't have to much money to upgrade but I will look into those in the future when ever it is possible for me. Any info on the rifles and how they shoot out of the box or with some upgrade would be awesome.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=25036

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=35967

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=34016

Thanks alot,
-Sniper

·
Registered
824 Posts
The Fire power Vsr 10 is a no no. The KJW m700 suks out of box till you upgrade it. The Well g25 I think would be a okay rifle I expect to find no after market parts for it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you owned all 3 or is that what you have heard about them? Can the Vsr 10's power be upgraded or is it not worth it? What kind of upgrades would the m700 need to make it a decent to good rifle? And by "no after market parts for it," do you mean you can not find upgrades for it?

Sorry for all the question but I would like to get a new gas rifle and your post didn't help to much.

Thanks,
-Sniper

·
Registered
362 Posts
The KJW would definitely be the easiest to modify to. And more gas efficient too. Because the gas is stored in the magazine unlike the others which are stored in the bolt.

Tapping in an HPA system would be a breeze compared to doing it to a bolt.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Look I have owned the well and a kjw( traded it thought to get a tanaka) on both guns you will spend close to $500 and up so unless you plan on dropping mad money for the well and kjw go with the vsr. there are more parts available and cheaper then the well's upgrades.

This is the way it would break down;

Well g25
zero trig or pdi v trig= 175-275
pdi or laylax bolt up grades= 175-300
tight bore=25-175
hop up(pdi)=50
springs=20=100

availability= hard to find most parts unless ordered over seas
design= unique not to many people at your field will have this style gun

Vsr

same as the well for cost of upgrades

Availability= can by parts at most all online stores in the U.S.
design= most all snipers have or had a vsr so the are a ton floting around you may be able to find on for half the price it would to take you do it all new.

m700 kjw

ok for the most part its not to hard to upgrade but will still cost a lot

Tanaka mags(kjws a crap)=50-125(For one)
TBB(650mm)=45-130(kjws is a vsr cut)
g&g bolt= 95-120
Hpa kit for mag= 200-400( depends on what you want)

then there are normal cost I.E: scope, bbs, extra mags, filling the hpa tank(only for the KJW), lube and parts that break= 500-1000(a year)

If you are not in to sniping get a used gun of asf or on this web site, its your best bet for being a good gun. If you want a gun that shoots great out of the box, then you are sadly mistaken. A stock vsr, and g25 can be out shot by most upgraded m16's or m4's. The m700 not so much bu accuracy is crap.

Well thats the end of my long 2 cents.

Also I know you listed the "gas" versions of the vsr and g25 but its near imposable to find them. If you are going gas do not use green gas use propane, only if you can not do an hpa rig. I cant stress the inaccuracy of fps with green or propane. Here is a guide to build a hpa rig http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Constructing-Air-Rig-56-t127562.html . Having used gas for close to 2 years now I do have to say one thing good about it, the 300 ft constant shots are very nice
also with a unmentionable at the end you cant hear them past 10 ft.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so most of you are leaning towards the KJW m700. Thank you hidden for the gas mod tutorial, I'm sending it to my home computer right now. Thank you everyone for the help deciding which gun would be the best out of the three. The only other question I have would be just how difficult is it to upgrade gas guns. Not money wise, but just understanding the gun itself.

Thanks,
-Sniper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.