Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I am a 14 year-old guy on the coast of NC, which means little to no opportunities to airsoft. I only recently found a field, and am still getting myself situated.
Currently, I have a KA M4 and a WE 1911, but am hoping to change that. Trying to decide between the APS2 or VSR platforms, and I will use this forum for guiding my rifle build.
I know quite a few things about thee game, and I am also over on the Evike forums. I hope to reap the benefits of this site to the fullest extent!
Thanks, Rubiks'

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, be sure to research on the two types of guns. Then decide which you would prefer...

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Ha, I've done plenty of that!
It's more or less betwixt two VSR platforms, to be truthful.
I've been waiting for the ARES M40, and since it's been taking a while, I started to look at the Hakkotsu M40.... Now, It's mostly between a cheaper, and more popular VSR (Bar10 or SD700 or something) or go with the not-so VSR compatible M40. I saw Cheese Man's video, and I'm still confounded.... I think with a few DIY mods, I could get some decent range out of it, but, A.) Still trying to find a steady income fo moneys. B.) Must balance finance with gear I'm trying to get. I guess I just need some confirmation. Mainly, I hope that the hop-up is compatible enough for better chambers and buckings, not to mention barrels. If someone could steer me in the right direction... I'll be grateful! Oh, and I feel like this place is better than ASR... Not sure why, seems friendlier.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It actually doesn't take that much to get the kind of range and accuracy you're looking for. Just remember the only thing that affects the consistency is the hopup. It doesn't matter whether you have 300 fps or 600, it will get you the same accuracy.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Welcome! Remember, APS2 sears are more efficient at holding the piston back than VSR10 sears.
You are talking about the stock sears. I can't say for sure whether that is true or not, but I've never heard about that. Either way if you upgrade the trigger or sears it will depend upon what you put in there.

Plus you didn't say what rifle you are talking about, only that it is vsr style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.