1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Will it have an adjustable cheek rest? Also what printer will you be using because that would be rather big.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Why would you print that with a 3d printer? thats a horrid idea, for one, its really expensive to even USE a printer that big, and two it would have quite a bit of internal shrinkage leading to warping and other problems. If I were you I would use a router something like that. A CNC router would make that a piece of cake. I dont know where you got the idea that it was going to be printed p2skater1, but OP I certainly wouldn't suggest trying it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Why would you print that with a 3d printer? thats a horrid idea, for one, its really expensive to even USE a printer that big, and two it would have quite a bit of internal shrinkage leading to warping and other problems. If I were you I would use a router something like that. A CNC router would make that a piece of cake. I dont know where you got the idea that it was going to be printed p2skater1, but OP I certainly wouldn't suggest trying it.
That's why I was aksing lol..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Cherry wood/walnut would look beautiful...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Birch is probably a good starting point. Oak could be another good choice, since it's your first stock, just go with something cheap yet durable. Around me, a chunk of walnut that big has just as big a price tag to go with it. And if you plan to paint it you wouldn't see the wood anyway . I have been wanting to see how a stock coated in truck bed liner would hold up, but that seems almost the same thing as just fiberglassing a foam stock.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Almost done, need the rubber for the shoulder rest, with the stock. Did some quick modeling of the receiver, trigger, cylinder and barrel for appearance sake.

But i believe that the stock is otherwise done, virtually atleast.

Rifle Stock Slideshow by lirimacora | Photobucket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts