Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Tokyo Marui VSR 10 // Tokyo Marui Mk23 x2 // Tokyo Marui G18C
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m finally satisfied with my build.
I started building it in March of this year.

Ive tried 4 aftermarket barrels - action army 6.05 - crazy jet 6.02 - Stalker Morpheus Dual Bore with enlarged window (not a 50/50 dual bore) and now a EdGi 430 mm true Dual Bore 6.01 - 6.05.

I’ve tried multiple buckings - purple nine ball - 70 degree Autobot - 60 & 70 degree Stalker Rhop patches (fit the large window on the Morpheus) - 70 degree MRhop - 70 degree X-Range (also fits the large window)
And my current favorite is the 2021 MRhop this bucking is by far the best in thr group that I’ve tested and the contact patch fills the enlarged window on the Morpheus. I actually asked Ed from EdGi to cut the
window on the dual bore barrel I just bought in the same fashion.. bottom line it shoots like a laser.

Ive also tried a few different nubs- all 3 that came with with tridos Tdc - Maple
Leaf Omega - Prometheus Flat - and my current is the one piece arm and nub by Masada. If you haven’t tried one, message him on here and he will make you one. I highly recommend it.

I’ve Tried 3 pistons, the 90 degree that comes with the Action Army zero trigger - the wasp and the EdGi SAP. The SAP is by far my favorite. I’m ruining it at 110g with 1mm of airbrake and no sorbo. I’m pushing

2.63 j with .20
4with .48 (both set for .48)

4.44 j with .69 (hop set for .69)

It’s quieter than the wasp and I was using the small and large airbrake on the wasp setup, usually the aluminum weight, but i did use the steel for a while.

Ive tired 3 Springs - Action Army 170 - Rapax Hulk with 3 coils cut (love this spring - bolt pull is like butter) and now I’m using a PDI 300% I had laying around. (Bolt pull is very easy because the hulk / sap combo was putting out way to much power - I can’t remember exact but it was over 4.5 j with .48s . I do plan on getting another Rapax, probably a 3j and I’ll trim it.

I’ve tried two triggers, Action Army Zero and now I’m using Bulltrigg Bullrigger.
It’s very crisp and I barley have to squeeze to fire. I would highly recommend it.

I’m on my second cylinder. First was an Action Army twisted cylinder with high flow PDI nozzle. Now I’m using an EdGi Cylinder that has a very nice high flow nozzle.

i Have my targets set up in my backyard which has a decent incline, I have them setup at 100’ - 200’ - 250 - 280’ - 330’. I use 11”x16” .040 pieces of aluminum. This rifle hits like a laser on each one.

So the final setup is

S2 Stock
Bushnell Banner 3x9 Scope
Maple Leaf Rail with level
EDGi Twisted Gold Bolt Handle
EDGi Gold Cylinder with High flow nozzle
BullTrigg One piece Barrel and Receiver (bolt pull is ULTRA smooth)
Bulltrigg 90 Degree BullTrigger (straight trigger)
AA hop up unit

Masada one piece hop arm and nub (highly recommended)
2021 MRhop 70 degree
EdGi 430mm dual bore Barrel 6.01-6.05 (port and polished)
EdGi Wind Talker Suppressor (gate suppressor)

I’m located 20 mins north of Pittsburgh. If anyone knows of any fields that would be cool for a long range sniper, let me know.

Bicycle handlebar Machine gun Motor vehicle Trigger Air gun

Grass Grassland Grass family Machine Flooring

Musical instrument Plant Land lot Grass Font

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Machine gun Gas

Plant Tree Grass Musical instrument Sports equipment

Military camouflage Air gun Machine gun Plant Trigger

Plant Flowerpot Camera Tree Cameras & optics

Machine gun Motor vehicle Air gun Bicycle handlebar Automotive carrying rack

·
Registered
723 Posts
You running the old maple leaf buckings or the new silicone 2021 versions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently I’m running a 70 deg MRhop

All previous Maple leafs were the rubber versions

·
Registered
723 Posts
Accidentally reposted reply

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry, it’s a 2021 Silicone MRHop.. Definitely the best bucking for long range I’ve tested.

contact patch is huge. And if you enlarge your barrel window, it fits amazing.
I had Ed from EdGi make my new barrel with these specs;

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what did you think on the action army cylinder ive brought one but haven't installed it yet until i get the other parts ive noticed that it scratches really easily
It’s a good cylinder, I would upgrade to a high flow nozzle, like the one pdi makes. That’s the only thing I would change about it.

and your right, the titanium finish scratches off fairly quick. Before I switched receivers I installed a cylinder sleeve and that helped some along with regular cleaning and Lubing up with 10w40 diesel oil.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
90 Posts
I've reverted back to the MR Hop from the SR Hop from Stalker.
Using the exact same, gained about .05J with 0.48's, More consistent at range I've found.
Also the Air Seal was MUCH better.

I haven't tried the EdGi Barrel but I love the Stalker Morpheus in my T11.

Your rifle looks bloody gorgeous pal.

Reactions: The Rooster

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've reverted back to the MR Hop from the SR Hop from Stalker.
Using the exact same, gained about .05J with 0.48's, More consistent at range I've found.
Also the Air Seal was MUCH better.

I haven't tried the EdGi Barrel but I love the Stalker Morpheus in my T11.

Your rifle looks bloody gorgeous pal.
For long range shots, MRHop is the king..

i really like the Morpheus barrel, I only switched to Edgi because it’s a true 50/50 dual bore and the porting is awesome.. And I had the window enlarged to the same specs at the Morpheus.

thanks brother, I have a lot of hours into it

·
Registered
723 Posts
I find that with r-hop and autobot, I get like .5j more than with the mr-hop.

Reactions: The Rooster

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I find that with r-hop and autobot, I get like .5j more than with the mr-hop.
I feel you. I’ve used all 3,the air seal on the 2021 mrhop is not the greatest.. I run a pretty heavy spring (hulk) with and edGI SAP. So I’m not worried an the loss.. The MRhop is preforming quite well.

I might just throw in my rhop setup and see what the numbers / range accuracy is like withmy new barrel and SAP setup (only test the Rhop with my Morpheus barrel and WASP piston)

Will share my results here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts